Do you know what Windows Maintenance Suite is?
Windows Maintenance Suite is a phony application which you should not have on your computer. Created by the crooks that made Windows PC Aid and Windows Safety Wizard, this malware only pretends to be a regular security tool. It does not present the real state of your computer but threatens you into believing that the system is infected and that you should acquire its so-called full version. Moreover, this rogue is ascribed to Rogue.VirusDoctor family, and it is another proof that Windows Maintenance Suite is malicious; that is why it should be removed from the system.
The characteristics of the rogue are very similar to ordinary security applications. The rogue is said to scan the system, detect infections and present warning messages. However, it cannot remove anything. The scans, infections and messages are simulated, and they should not be trusted. The rogue wants you to think that your data is in danger and that you should activate Windows Maintenance Suite in order to protect the data. Do not believe that after the activation of this application and removal of the “threats” you will be protected. Actually, you will be vulnerable to third parties if you make a purchase of the malware, because your money and your banking information will become available to criminals.
Some of the fake notifications presented by the rogue are given below to help you recognize the infection. If you know that Windows Maintenance Suite is on your system and get such notifications, ignore them:
Potential malware detected.
It is recommended to activate protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Attempt to modify registry key entries detected. Registry entry analysis is recommended.
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection
Besides, you should not go into panic when you notice that the Internet and your PC’s applications are not running properly. For example, there is no need to worry if you cannot open Task Manager or access the Internet. You might also find that you cannot launch certain executable files such as security application and open Registry Editor. Non-responsiveness of these tools is intended to scare you into purchase the fake version of Windows Maintenance Suite. The purchase of the rogue is a waste of money, because the “full” version will not remove infections but expose you to danger. Your credit card number, passwords or any other relevant information will be used against you if you make a money transfer to the criminals.
If you want to delete Windows Maintenance Suite on your own, you have to activate the rogue so that it does not disturb you with its fake notifications and scans and restores the tools which are necessary for the manual removal. Use this activation key:
When the rogue is activated, you have to terminate the infection. Delete everything related to the rogue. Do not miss anything to ensure that the rogue is removed completely. Such elements of the malware as malicious registry editors, files and processes have to be eliminated form the system. If you do not want to cause damage to the system, remove this pest automatically. For this, use a legitimate antispyware which removes the components of Windows Maintenance Suite and protects the system from further infections.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Maintenance Suite is a malicious application which you should delete as soon as you notice it on your computer. This fraudulent software wants to force you to pay for its imaginary full version voluntarily. Do not purchase Windows Maintenance Suite, because if you do so, you will lose your money and financial data.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %Desktop%\Windows Maintenance Suite.lnk
- Windows Maintenance Suite.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Maintenance Suite.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
Windows Maintenance Suite Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: