Do you know what Windows PC Aid is?
In the case of infection of Windows PC Aid, do not fall into despair. Although Windows PC Aid is a deceitful program, it is not an irremovable application. You should remove it after noticing it in the system. The rogue is known as a clone of Windows Safety Wizard and other rogues that belong to Rogue.VirusDoctor family. This application seeks to swindle Windows users out of their money by presenting bogus threats which supposedly can be deleted after the registration of the rogue. When a user notices the rogue on the computer, it is presented as a trial version. Unfortunately, this trial version cannot remove “threats”.
To deceive people, Windows PC Aid occupies the system and establishes its rules. It scans the system whenever it wants and presents imaginary infections which are named randomly. Actually, the names of threats might coincide with the names of real infections, which are known widely. For instance, Trojan.Win32.Qhost may appear on a list of simulated infections. Do not worry about this Trojan, because Windows PC Aid cannot detect infections. The only thing it can do is threaten you with bogus Trojan, worms and so on. In addition, the rogue produces fake notification such as errors to make you think that you have serious trouble:
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Trojan activity detected. System data security is at risk. It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
These bogus notifications do seem to present serious trouble, but they only trouble you have is Windows PC Aid, and you should remove it at once.
You can delete Windows PC Aid after entering this activation key:
The key enables you to access the Internet, Registry Editor and Task Manager which have been disabled by the malware after the installation and which are also necessary to remove this pest manually. Find the registry entries related to the rogue and delete them from Registry Editor. Also, remove other components of rogue so that the infections in decontaminated completely. If you do not trust yourself in this case, delete the rogue automatically.
After the installation of Windows PC Aid, some executable files which should protect the system might have been disabled; therefore, you should use a security application to terminate the infection. We recommend you use a reliable and powerful antispyware application which will surely remove Windows PC Aid and safeguard the system.
In non-techie terms:
Windows PC Aid cannot aid you with removal of infections, because this application is simulated, and it does not present the truth. Delete it from your computer as soon as you can and ensure that this sort of infections do not get in the system again.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Aliases: WindowsPCAid.How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows PC Aid.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows PC Aid.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows PC Aid.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
Windows PC Aid Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: