Do you known what Windows Safety Wizard is?
Do not take Windows Safety Wizard on trust that it can protect the system. Windows Safety Wizard is a bogus application which, in fact, should be removed at once after spotting it in the system. This rogue, which belongs to Rogue.VirusDoctor family, has been created to cause you to start thinking that the system is infected. The malware, like Windows Antivirus Rampart which is duplicated to produce Windows Safety Wizard, manipulates users by presenting misinformation about the condition of the system. The malware does look convincing, because it presents concrete and clearly formed information and has the interface which is akin to Windows security applications. However attractive this application is, you should delete it without compassion and ensure that the infection will not jump the system in the future.
It is useful to know how Windows Safety Wizard can affect the processing of your PC’s system if you do not remove it. The malware brings up simulated scans and threats to scare naïve Windows users. Moreover, it displays bogus warnings saying that the system is infected. If you do not have this pest on your computer, you may find it useful to know how you can identify the infection:
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Warning! Virus Detected
Threat detected: FTP Server
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
As these messages are simulated, do not pay any attention to them. If you decide to supposedly remove the fake infections by activating Windows Safety Wizard, you will expose yourself at risk, because you will reveal your financial data to the criminals, and, of course, lose your money. What you should actually do is remove Windows Safety Wizard from the system.
There are two ways of removal. The first way is manual removal which you can carry out after the activation of the malware. It was said that you should not activate the rogue, because it is worthless, but after the activation, we rogue can be removed manually. Just note that you should use the key provided below:
When Windows Safety Wizard is activated, it runs as if the threats were deleted; therefore, simulated disorders are restored. This malware disables Internet connection, specific executable files, Task Manager and Registry Editor. These tools are restored when you register the rogue, and you can again use the Internet and check the system’s processes in Task Manager. However, the infection remains in the system. Hence, when you have the Registry Editor restored, you should delete the entries and files created by Windows Safety Wizard. Normally, the procedure of deletion is performed by experienced technicians, because it is essential that removal be performed flawlessly. If you lack technical knowledge, you should let a skilled troubleshooter do it.
The second way of removal is automatic removal. This way suits every Windows users. The rogue is removed automatically by an antispyware tool. Importantly, you should get certified antispyware, because if you acquire a bogus removal tool, there will be more troubles undoubtedly. Hence, use antispyware which is able to remove Windows Safety Wizard, and you will not need to worry about manual deletion of the rogue’s components.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Safety Wizard should be deleted from the system, because this application is simulated, and it does not do what it claims. It simulates scans an presents imaginary infections which are expected to make you buy the full version of the rogue.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Aliases: WindowsSafetyWizard.How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %Desktop%\Windows Safety Wizard.lnk
- Windows Safety Wizard.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Safety Wizard.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "EnableLUA" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "net" = "2012-6-4_7"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Inspector"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegedit" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
Windows Safety Wizard Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: