Do you know what VirtualDJ Toolbar is?
VirtualDJ Toolbar is browser plugin developed by Conduit Ltd. It is available for download at virtualdj.ourtoolbar.com. VirtualDJ Toolbar copies its name from the VirtualDJ audio and video mixing software that is created by Atomix Productions Inc. The official VirtualDJ software available at virtualdj.com has nothing to do with the Conduit Toolbar and you should not mix the two applications as well. VirtualDJ Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application, due to the fact that it could come bundled with third party programs you absolutely do not need.
This browser plugin is not the first toolbar that has been developed and released by Conduit Ltd. There is a great variety of browser plugins from the same group, including Appbario Toolbar, Z-Game Toolbar, VisualBee Toolbar and many others. Users often think that Virtualdj Toolbar and other similar applications get installed onto their computers behind their backs, and then hijack their browsers to redirect them to such pages as search.conduit.com. The truth is that, no matter where you download VirtualDJ Toolbar at - the official websites, or a third party website, the toolbar prompts you about the oncoming installation. You are also allowed to choose whether you want your home page changed or not:
Thank you for choosing to to install the Virtual Dj Community Toolbar for Windows.
Please configure the settings below. You can change them at any time.
- Set the Virtual Dj customized web search as my default search and notify me of changes.
- Set my home page to the Virtual Dj customized web search page and notifiy me of changes.
- Send me news and useful info from the toolbar and apps. (I can disable this in Toolbar Options.)
- I allow my current homepage and defaults earch settings to be stored for easy reverting later.
As you can see, you install Virtualdj Toolbar on your PC yourself. This plugin is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome browsers, and once the toolbar gets installed, supposedly it provides you an instant access to your favorite online music websites. There are also Facebook and weather channel shortcuts on the toolbar.
Virtualdj Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
However, although Virtualdj Toolbar is not a malicious computer infection, you should remove it from your PC, because in the long run this plugin can cause a series of security issues.
How to remove Virtualdj Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Virstualdj.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Virstualdj.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or remove programs and uninstall Virstualdj.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Under General tab change home page address and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default home page address and remove Virstualdj Customized Web Search. Click Close.
- Press Firefox button and go to Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and press OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Remove Virstualdj from Extensions and close the tab.
- Press search engine icon on the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Virstualdj Customized Web Search from the list. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Virstualdj Customized Web Search. Click Done.
After manual removal run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to see whether you have really removed all the unwanted files.
In non-techie terms:
Virtualdj Toolbar is a browser add-on that could be rather annoying and even cause various security issues. To protect your computer from possible malware infection, remove Virtualdj Toolbar immediately.
Aliases: Virtualdj radio toolbar.