Do you know what STOP Piracy Virus is?
STOP Piracy Virus is a computer threat that is able to block your desktop access within 3 seconds in the case of infection. It gives an impression that you have violated the Software Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA), and therefore your computer has been locked. STOP Piracy Virus wants you to pay 100 euro to unlock your computer, but the thing is that nothing will change even if you use PaySafeCard, Ukash or CashU to deliver your payment to the people who are behind STOP Piracy Virus.
Since STOP Piracy Virus makes use of alternative payment systems, it can rip off users who don't even have bank accounts. This is what differentiates Ukash Virus group of ransomware applications from fake antivirus programs that rely mostly on credit card transactions. STOP Piracy Virus and other infections such as FBI MoneyPak Virus, IRMA Virus or Metropolitan Police Virus do not require the user to use credit card to transfer the money, they can terrorize a wide range of computer users. And it is only natural, that a lot of users get scared when they see the following message on their screen:
Master Penalty Document
SOPA (Software Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (PROTECT Intellectual Property Act) has detected that you used piracy content on your computer such as:
Operating system (OS) which has NOT been installed IN LEGAL WAY; Child Porno materials (CP) on your PC, Software you used right now (installed with OS) ARE NOT LEGITIMATE.
Your system HAS BEEN LOCKED and your data has been encrypted. To unlock your PC, decrypt your data and avoid arrest you MUST pay a penalty of 100 EURO.
You most definitely cannot pay the fine, because it will not change anything, and you will only lose your money. This message is displayed by a computer infection, and not real representative of law enforcement authorities. You have to remove STOP Piracy Virus from your computer right now, and you can do it without spending a single euro for the ransom fee, if you follow the instructions below:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your computer and tap F8 once BIOS screen loads.
- If you see Windows logo appear, restart your computer and try again.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Go here http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and run a full system scan to detect STOP Piracy Virus.
- Follow the steps from 1 to 3 described above.
- Click Yes when a confirmation table appears.
- Access the internet and download SpyHunter.
- Open Start Menu and launch Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into the blank box. Click OK.
- When System Configuration Utility loads, click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck all programs on the startup list and click OK. Exit the menu.
- Restart computer in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and remove STOP Piracy Virus.
In non-techie terms:
STOP Piracy Virus is a ransomware infection that holds your computer hostage until you pay the ransom fee. However, the threat that does intend to unlock your computer, so you need to terminate STOP Piracy Virus immediately and win your computer back yourself.
Aliases: Piracy Virus.