Do you know what SOPA piracy charges Virus is?
SOPA piracy charges Virus is a highly surreptitious and deceitful ransomware infection that mimics FBI Moneypak, Buma Stemra virus and other malignant programs which have emerged during the summer of 2012. Ukash or Moneypak viruses have been created to target different Windows communities in Europe and North America. All of them have different visual representations; however, all of them are meant to trick you into thinking that law enforcement agencies have tracked down criminal activity from your computer and now you need to pay a fine of 200 Euros, Canadian or US Dollars. All of this is just a scam to get your money, and if you continue reading, you will find out more about the vicious infection and how to remove SOPA piracy charges Virus.
Just like other recent ransomware infections, SOPA piracy charges Virus is represented with the emblem of the US Department of Justice and the name of SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act). Nonetheless, you should not think that the presented legal act or the name of the Justice department are used legally, as only well known, respectable names could bring the attention of all infected computer owners’. Please see the fictitious notification below and notice the incorrect style it is written in:
Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System
If you see a warning.ext or warning screen, it means your IP address was included in S.O.P.A. Black List.
One or more of the following items were made from your PC:
1. Downloading or distributing audio or video files protected by Copyright Law.
2. Downloading or distributing illegal content (child porn, phishing software, etc.)
3. Downloading or distributing Software protected by Copyright Law.
SOPA piracy charges Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
As a result of these infringements based on Stop Online Piracy Act (H.R. 3261) you PC and files are now blocked. You can remove you IP from black list and unlock PC and files by paying a fine of 200 (USA and Canada) / 200EUR (via Western Union to other Countries)
It is possible that you will start doubting the fictitiousness of the bogus warning, if you have actually downloaded or distributed the listed videos or software. Regardless, you need to understand that all presented information is not real and is simply meant to generate illicit profit. The last thing on your mind should be making the demanded payment using Moneypak, because if you proceed – your money will be lost for good.
In non-techie terms:
SOPA piracy charges Virus removal is necessary for you to regain access to the computer and protect your digital data against illegal breaching. After having the virus removed you should also consider inspecting the PC for other malware and changing most sensitive login data to prevent further scams. If you are not ready to remove SOPA piracy charges Virus manually, please follow the directions below and install automatic removal tools.
- After restarting the computer press F8.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Download and install automatic removal tools. Choose reliable and legal software, like SpyHunter, because illegally downloaded applications could infect your operating Windows system even more.
If you are operating Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Download automatic removal tools.
- Go to Start, open Run and enter “msconfig”. System Configuration Utility will pop up.
- Go to Startup and choose Disable All button. Apply the changes.
- Restart the computer and choose to Start Windows Normally.
- Install downloaded SOPA piracy charges Virus removal software.