Do you know what IRMA Virus is?
IRMA Virus is a computer ransomware infection that paralyzes your system and does not allow you perform anything on your PC. This malicious program successfully blocks you from accessing your desktop and scares hundreds of users into believing they have violated international criminal code. IRMA Virus presents a fake notification on your screen which is supposedly sent by Information Resources Management Association (IRMA).
Infected users have to realize that IRMA cannot enter personal computers and block. It would be a criminal act by itself, since the organization does not have such jurisdiction. Hence, it is very easy to see that IRMA Virus is a malicious application that displays a fake notification in hopes of pushing you into paying your money for nothing. From this aspect it behaves exactly like any other infection from the Ukash Virus group - including Politiet Norge Ukash Virus, European Law Enforcement Agency Virus and many more. Even though IRMA Virus does not cite rules and regulations in its notification the main message behind it is still the same:
Now your PC is locked by Business Software Alliance trade group and Information Resources Management Association.
This project was created to struggle for purity of the Internet. You are visiting, viewing and using forbidden content, sponsoring the owners of this content (forbidden and pirate). You are putting yourself and your computer at risk by using this content. Real creators of this content, who are concerned about your security, are loosing billions of dollars.
How to unlock your computer?
You should buy MoneyPack code denominated of 250 dollars.
Poor grammar in this notification should be enough to convince that you cannot pay the ransom fee. Not to mention that IRMA Virus will NOT unlock your PC. You can only unlock the computer yourself by removing IRMA Virus from your system.
It would be for the best to terminate the ransomware with a powerful computer security tool. It can be accomplished if you follow the instructions below:
For Windows Vista & 7:
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 while the system loads.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Options menu. Press Enter.
- Access the Internet and download SpyHunter here http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph
- Install the downloaded program to remove IRMA Virus.
For Windows XP:
- Restart the computer and press F8 while system loads.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Hit Enter.
- Click OK if a confirmation table appears.
- Download SpyHunter from the link provided above.
- Open Start menu and click Run.
- Type "msconfig" into the blank box and press OK.
- When System Configuration menu appears, click the Startup tab and uncheck all programs on the list. Click OK to save changes and exit the menu.
- Restart your computer in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and erase the infection.
In non-techie terms:
IRMA Virus is a computer threat that has to be removed immediately. It displays a fake notification that is supposed to convince a user he has violated copyright laws. Ignore the message and remove IRMA Virus using the instructions provided above.