Do you know what Zwinky Toolbar is?
Zwinky Toolbar is a browser plugin which is meant to help you access all of the popular websites from one browser bar. The application has been developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc., and this company is well known for various other browser extensions. Some of them include Gaming Wonderland Toolbar, Vacation Xplorer and MindDabble. As research has disclosed, many computer users recognize the toolbar as a malicious browser hijacker due to its ability to change the home page and default search engine settings. In reality, the program does not act as a browser hijacker because every single user has an option to accept or refuse the changes. This option is represented during the installation where all options are set for automatic activation. All you have to do is un-check the listed boxes and continue with the installation process. Note that you can delete Zwinky Toolbar and remove the undesirable search tools without any obstacles. All you have to do is follow the information presented in the article.
The suspicious Zwinky Toolbar can be installed on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. As soon as the process is complete, you are presented with easy-access icons leading you to Facebook, Videos and Ask search tools. Have you noticed that your home page has been switched to home.tb.ask.com? Then you must have approved the suggested changes. We do not recommend that you utilize this search tool because it is not reliable and provides advertisement supported search results. Needless to say, there are plenty of other search tools which you could use without being flooded with unreliable and unnecessary advertisements or links. If you have applied the changes, you can fix the situation using the manual removal instructions presented below. The instructions will also help you delete Zwinky Toolbar from the operating Windows system without any troubles.
Zwinky Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Note that Zwinky Toolbar is offered at free.zwinky.com; however, there are plenty of other sources which seemingly could offer you the same tool. For example, Conduit have developed a highly suspicious toolbar which uses the same name. It is available at zwinky.ourtoolbar.com, and we do not recommend you trust this source. If you have installed this tool and you do not know how to remove it – post a comment below and we will help you as soon as possible.
Manual Zwinky Toolbar Removal
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel, select Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable application.
- Select Uninstall to complete the removal.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu (located on the left of the Task Bar).
- Click Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the unwanted application, click it and select Remove.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and navigate to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove home.tb.ask.com and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the search provider icon (on the search box).
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the unwanted provider. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Our spyware researchers recommend that you remove Zwinky Toolbar from the operating Windows system and web browsers. To perform the task successfully utilize the removal instructions above and employ a reliable spyware scanner to examine the system afterwards.