Do you know what Windows Ultimate Safeguard is?
Windows Ultimate Safeguard is a clone of such rogue security applications as Windows Antivirus Machine, Windows Active Guard and Windows Security Renewal, all of which have been developed and distributed by the schemers behind the entire Rogue.VirusDoctor family. The success behind the group lies in the rogue computer scanner’s interface, and schemers have made it look as reliable as other, legitimate Windows protection programs. In fact, the interface of the fictitious application resembles one of Windows Security Center, and hundreds of people have already been deceived by familiar color scheme and fictitious “Windows Advanced Security Center” window, declaring that Firewall, Automatic updates and Antivirus protection attributes are turned off. The deceptive interface is also filled with such links as Clean Now, Enable or Please Activate, all of which are meant to lead you straight to the infectious application’s purchase page. Do not de tricked into spending up to $99.90 for fictitious antispyware’s full version malware removal tool, and delete Windows Ultimate Safeguard right away. If you do not rush the removal process, various fake security notifications will keep intimidating you with made-up threats and risks. See a few of them below.
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk.
It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Warning! Spambot detected!
Attention! A spambot is sending viruses from your e-mail has been detected on your PC.
Yes, protect my PC and remove spambot now (Recommended)
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
is suspected to have infected your PC. This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them to a remote server.
Please click “Remove all” button to erase all infected files and protect your PC
In non-techie terms:
It may be extremely difficult to detect the scam, or delete Windows Ultimate Safeguard from your computer, because of various implemented system paralyzing symptoms, including removed access to Task Manager and Registry Editor, blocked Internet connection, and failure to run most system’s executables. All of these malfunctions could aggravate both manual and automatic infection’s removal operations, which is why we recommended having all symptoms removed by this registration key: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020, before you commence. Automatic removal tools will delete Windows Ultimate Safeguard faster than Windows experts will be able to operate with manual removal operations, and if you have no or poor skills at having malicious applications deleted from your personal computer, you should not consider having Windows Ultimate Safeguard removed manually, as this could compromise your personal data further.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Ultimate Safeguard.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Ultimate Safeguard.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
Windows Ultimate Safeguard Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: