Do you know what Windows Antivirus Machine is?
Windows Antivirus Machine is a cunning computer infection that invades the computer’s system without users’ knowledge and consent. It is used by cyber criminals to swindle Windows users out of their money so that large sums of money are transferred to criminals’ bank account. Windows Antivirus Machine replaces such spurious programs as Windows Active Guard, Windows Security Renewal, Windows Home Patron and others. All of them, including the rogue in question, are attributed to the Rogue.VirusDoctor family; hence, do not delay and remove Windows Antivirus Machine as soon as you can after spotting it on your computer.
You will surely notice when Windows Antivirus Machine is installed, because it is created to apply different scare tactics to make the user think that he or she has to purchase a full version of the malware urgently so that such infections as Rootkit.Win32.KernelBot, Adware.Win32.BHO, Trojan-DDos.Win32 and other are deleted from the system. Every single piece of information presented by the infection should be ignored, because the only possible infection of the system may by only the rogue it self. In addition to these threats that are displayed after simulated scans, Windows Antivirus Machine also displays annoying alter messages claiming that the system is at risk. You will find some of them below:
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected. Full system scan is highly recommended.
Potential malware detected.
It is recommended to activate protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Additionally, if you look closer to you system, you will find that Windows Antivirus Machine produces some malfunctions in the system. The rogue attempts to prevent the user from removing it and hides Task Manager and Registry Editor, of which both are necessary for the manual removal. Plus, some Windows applications and access to the Internet are disabled. For example, the Internet is useful for the automatic removal, because an antispyware program can be downloaded; hence, the malware disables the access to the Internet, and this makes the removal of the rogue even harder.
Luckily, you can remove Windows Antivirus Machine if you activate it as if you purchased an activation key. After the registration, unpleasant messages and scans are disabled, whereas the tools such as Registry Editor and Task Manager as well as access to the Internet are restored, so you can delete the infection either manually or automatically.
We suggest that you remove Windows Antivirus Machine automatically, because it is by far the safest way to terminate the outsider. A manual removal of any infection requires a lot of attention, whereas deleting the threat automatically requires attention only while choosing the best application. Delete the infection automatically, and you will not have to worry about its different parts that have to be removed from the system.
In non-techie terms:
Delete Windows Antivirus Machine because this fake antivirus software seeks to get your money. It presents misleading information and expects you to buy its supposedly real full version.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Antivirus Machine.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Antivirus Machine.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
Windows Antivirus Machine Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: