Do you know what Windows Safeguard Upgrade is?
If you know little about legal antivirus and antispyware tools, you might get easily fooled by Windows Safeguard Upgrade, one of the latest fake security tools, trying to profit from any Windows user. Without raising any questions, this rogue tool looks highly similar to the applications, which can remove infections, or protect your system against them. Unfortunately, this obnoxious tool cannot offer you any safeguarding or removal services, and the only program that needs to be deleted is Windows Safeguard Upgrade itself.
Having the full access to your system via security backdoors, implemented by hackers, Windows Safeguard Upgrade can not only deceive you into thinking that it is legal, but can also intimidate you into thinking that various infections are really threatening the security of your personal data. Of course, having your information deleted is a terrible thought, but you must understand that this fictitious application is only trying to raise panic. This is why you should not believe that it is the proclaimed infections that are responsible for having your Internet connection blocked, running of most executables disabled, or access to Registry Editor and Task Manger removed. It is also a must to ignore all fake recommendations, trying to push you to purchase Windows Safeguard Upgrade threat removal tool:
Please click “Remove all” button to erase all infected files and protect your PC
Attention! A spambot is sending viruses from your e-mail has been detected on your PC.
Yes, protect my PC and remove spambot now (Recommended)
It is no surprise that many Windows users fall for the Windows Safeguard Upgrade schemes, as this tool looks like an integral part of Windows Security Center. The colors resemble regular Windows systems, and extensive controls do not raise a question whether this security tool is bogus or not. So, do not believe the allusions to the Windows programs, ignore the familiar logo, and remove Windows Safeguard Upgrade at once! To regain control over Windows, you can use the registration key, and to renew Internet connection, we recommend using our straightforward instructions.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Safeguard Upgrade must be removed immediately, because this security tool is completely fake and is only used to get to your money! Even if you have already dealt successfully with manual malware removal, we recommend using our automatic removal instructions bellow. Also note that the rogue antispyware comes from a vast antispyware tools’ family Rogue.VirusDoctor (Windows Secure Surfer, Windows Be-on Guard Edition, etc.), which has been actively producing Windows Safeguard Upgrade look-alikes, and installed legal security tools could protect your Windows OS against this malignant group and other malicious applications.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Aliases: WindowsSafeguardUpgrade.How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Safeguard Upgrade.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Safeguard Upgrade.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\belt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\iface.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alertsvc.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\netspyhunter-1.2.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\winstart.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tcm.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "ungklgkqft"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rscdwld.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "net" = "2012-5-6_2"
Windows Safeguard Upgrade Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: