Do you know what Windows Antivirus Rampart is?
You might have heard that there are malicious applications that pretend to be real security programs. Windows Antivirus Rampart is one of such counterfeit programs belonging to Rogue.VirusDoctor family. The family is also known to include such malware as Windows Defence Counsel, Windows Guard Tools and others. The interface of the rogue is akin to the interface of the Windows tables which might easily puzzle a Windows user. Remove Windows Antivirus Rampart from the system in order to prevent the system from damage causes by the rogue.
When Windows Antivirus Rampart is installed into the system by the user or a Trojan, strange things start happening. For example, Task Manager is hidden as well as the Internet connection is disabled. Moreover, Registry Editor, where the rogue makes many changes and creates new entries that do not allow some executable files to run, is hidden; therefore, users cannot remove the entries and decontaminate the infection in this way. Unfortunately, the malware can do more than you expect. It initiate bogus scans of the system, displays imaginary threats and balloon messages saying that Windows Antivirus Rampart has to be activated in order to remove the infections:
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Warning! Virus Detected
Threat detected: FTP Server
The information does sound convincing; however, it should be ignored. Do not expect the rogue to solve the imaginary security problem and remove those bogus threats. The rogue waits until you agree to pay money for the activation after which the “infections” are supposedly removed. All in all, do not reveal such financial data as log in passwords or account number. This information should not be available to a third party.
In order to remove Windows Antivirus Rampart, you should have the annoying pop-ups disabled as well as Registry Editor restored, not to mention other processes of the system. When you can access the Registry, you have to delete the entries which have been created by the malware, but first you have to “active” Windows Antivirus Rampart with the registration key:
Now you have to remove the constituent elements of the rogue one by one. Importantly, you should not leave a single file of the malware because it might regenerate the infection. Therefore, it is essential to get rid of this rogue.
If you find the removal of Windows Antivirus Rampart complicated, you can always use a legitimate antispyware application that deletes the rogue completely. In this case, the antispyware is responsible for the elimination of the rogue; moreover, it does not cause damage to the system because only the malicious files are removed from the system.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Antivirus Rampart should be delete form the system, because it is a bogus application. Do not delay the removal of the rogue if you want to protect your data.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Aliases: WindowsAntivirusRampart.How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows Antivirus Rampart.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Antivirus Rampart.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Antivirus Rampart.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "net" = "2012-5-29_7"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\hbinst.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "yurrockari"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AntiVirus_Pro.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Inspector"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\brasil.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mu0311ad.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegedit" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "EnableLUA" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\svc.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\purge.exe
Windows Antivirus Rampart Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: