Do you know what Windows Defence Counsel is?
Windows Defence Counsel is a fake security program which misleads Windows users into thinking that this software is a security application. Windows Defence Counsel is a clone of Windows Pro Safety, Windows Private Shield and other malicious software belonging to the Rogue.VirusDoctor family. This rogue has features of Windows application in terms of design, and it might be one of the excuses why people decide to trust this false program. The malware claims to protect the system; however, it does not do anything it promises to do.Thus, Remove Windows Defence Counsel from the system immediately.
If you delay the removal of Windows Defence Counsel, you will not be able to use the computer as you usually do, because Windows Defence Counsel impairs the system and tries to make you pay money. Concerning the impairments of the system, the rogue disables your access to the Internet which means that you cannot download antispyware and remove the infection. It also disables Registry Editor, which is necessary to delete the rogue-related registry entries. Moreover, some executes such as security applications might also be blocked, not to mention Task Manager which is hidden from users.
To persuade users to think that the system is severely affected, the malware employs the characteristics of legitimate applications as scare tactics. Like genuine software, the rogue scans your computer’s system and presents imaginary threats. It might occur that the rogue presents names of existent threats, for example, P2P-Worm.Win32 or Trojan.Win.32.Qhost. Do not panic, because they are not present on your computer; therefore, do not attempt to remove those files on your own. The only infection of the system is the rogue itself, and you should take care that it is removed. In addition to the intimidation of Windows Defence Counsel, the rogue displays bogus errors and security warnings which must be ignored. Find some examples of how the rogue might trick you into activating its fake full version:
Potential malware detected.
It is recommended to activate protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
The crooks that created Windows Defence Counsel are expecting you to finally purchase the full version of the rogue which means that you expose your financial data to a third party. Please keep in mind the fact that as this application is not real, and the purchase of it is useless.
When it comes to removal of Windows Defence Counsel, you have to fix your Internet connection if you want to delete the rogue automatically. Use the key provided below to activate the rogue and restore the connection:
Activation key: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
We recommend you remove Windows Defence Counsel automatically, which is to use a legitimate antispyware tool, because it is the safest way to get rid of the infection. If you use a powerful tool, it will eliminate the rogue and will not lead to the system’s destruction.
More importantly, if you want to remove Windows Defence Counsel manually, after the activation of the rogue, delete the rogue-related components and make sure that a single file of the infection is not left in the system. If you miss anything, the infection might be renewed, and you will have to repeat the removal again.
In non-techie terms:
The removal of Windows Defence Counsel is highly advisable, because it is a simulated security application. If you find it on your computer, remove it and ensure that the system is protected against this kind of infections.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows Defence Counsel.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\zapro.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "net" = "2012-5-27_7"
- _HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ERROR_PAGE_BYPASS_ZONE_CHECK_FOR_HTTPS_KB954312
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Inspector"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\pavsched.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\sbserv.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ackwin32.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\BDSurvey.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msconfig
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\fsm32.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\webdav.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegedit" = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "EnableLUA" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\infwin.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "whecqycyiq"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ssg_4104.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\adaware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser" = 0
Windows Defence Counsel Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: