Do you know what Türk Polisi Virus is?
Türk Polisi Virus is a new variant of ransomware infection that targets users in Turkey and tries to rip hundreds of lira from them. Türk Polisi Virus locks the users computers and does not allow them to access their desktops. Once the user is infected, instead of seeing his desktop, after the system boots, he is presented with a fake security message supposedly from the Turkish Police office. This message claims that the user has breached some laws, and therefore his computer has been locked.
In a sense, Türk Polisi Virus differs nothing from other Ukash virus infections. The most prominent previous versions include FBI Moneypak, Ministere de L’interieur Virus, Europol Ransomware Virus and others. Türk Polisi Virus usually gets into your computer via Reveton Trojan infection. This Trojan is notorious for distributing almost all Ukash infections all over the world. And it is understandable why so many users fall for this trick, because the message displayed by Türk Polisi Virus is definitely scary:
Siber suc mucadele bolumu
Türk Polisi Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Bilgisayarda yapilan tum islemler, kaydedilmektedir. Web kamerasini kullandiginiz halde video ve fotograflari tespit icin kaydedilmektedir.
Bilgisayarinizin kilidini ve cezai kovusturma onlemek icin, 200 TRY odemesini yapmaniz gerekir.
Türk Polisi Virus says that your computer has been blocked the by the Turkish Police department that fights against cyber crime. Then it says that all the transactions made by your computer are recorded and all your photos and videos can be used for identifications. Then, it offers you an easy way by saying that you can avoid criminal prosecution and unlock your computer by paying a ransom fee of 200 TRY.
However, you have to realize that Türk Polisi Virus will never unlock your computer, and it will only steal your money. Thus, you have to remove Türk Polisi Virus from your system following these instructions:
For Windows Vista & 7:
- Reboot the computer and press F8 to load System boot menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Access the Internet and donwload SpyHunter.
- Install SpyHunter and remove Türk Polisi Virus immediately.
For Windows XP:
- Restart your computer and before Windows logo appears press F8.
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking from the System boot menu and press Enter.
- When you see a prompt asking whether you want to load the system in Safe Mode, select Yes to proceed.
- Open your Internet browser and go here http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph to get SpyHunter.
- Click the Start menu button and launch Run.
- Type "msconfig" into the Run Open box and click OK.
- System Configuration menu will load. Click the Startup tab and Disable All. Click OK to save changes and exit the menu.
- Restart your computer in Normal mode, install SpyHunter and get rid of the infection.
In non-techie terms:
Türk Polisi Virus is a malicious infection that wants your money and it disables the desktop access in order to get into your wallet. Do not do anything Türk Polisi Virus asks you to. Remove it following the instructions above.
Aliases: Polisi Virus.