Do you know what The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus is?
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus is a computer infection that installs itself without the user’s knowledge and alters the Registry so that the screen is locked. The screen locker is in fact the Trojan Urausy, which is already known in a lot of countries around the globe. Even though different countries are affected by the Trojan, the users of the affected computers are provided with different interfaces.
The warnings generated by the infection depend on the country, which means that each of them contains some elements that are typical of the targeted country. For example, the warning called The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus contains the logo of GARDA, Ireland’s National Police Service, and the coat of arms of the country. Moreover, the warning bears the logo of Europol, as if to show that the case is being investigated on an international level. The truth is that the warning is a scam, and it does not differ from Meldestelle Cybercrime und Kinderpornografie virus, Ministerul Afacerilor Interne virus, and many other ransomware infections, all of which should be removed as soon as possible.
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Due to emblems that make the user believe that the warning has been sent on behalf of the national police, the notification may seem believable. However, all the given information should be ignored for this is how the criminals behind the Trojan seek to obtain your money. They want to convince you that you are suspected of committing some breaches, related the use of prohibited and pirated material. As a result, the computer is supposedly locked, and you are obliged to pay €100 to unlock the PC. Neither Ukash, nor Paysafecard should be used to pay the fine. These payment services can be used only on particular website; as the warning you have on the screen is no website, dismiss the idea of making a payment.
What you should do now is remove The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus. We advise that you use SpyHunter as this application is widely used for malware and spyware removal. Once you launch the program, it immediately detects and removes the infection. What is more, it can effectively safeguard you against various computer threats so that you can safely browse the Internet. Follow the instructions below to install it properly.
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Reboot the computer.
- Once the BIOS splash screen loads, tap the F8 key.
- Using the up/down arrow key, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.
- Press the Enter key.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download the recommended spyware/
- Install it and launch a system scan.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the BIOS boot splash information appears on the screen, tap the F8 key.
- Highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option using the up/down arrow key.
- Press Enter.
- Click on Yes to log in Safe Mode.
- Open the Start menu.
- Launch the Run command.
- In the Open box, type msconfig and click OK.
- On the Startup tab, click on Disable All.
- Click Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the application and remove The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus.
- Press the Windows key.
- Click the Internet Explorer tile.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download the anti-spyware program.
- Install it and scan the PC.
In non-techie terms:
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus is a ransomware infection that locks the screen so that you cannot use the machine. It is crucial to remove it from the PC, and you can do so by following the instructions provided above.