Do you know what Teoma Web Search is?
It has been researched that Teoma Web Search can be approached both as a potentially unwanted program and a browser hijacker. Whilst in most cases the suspicious search engine is distributed alongside freeware applications which may bundle third-party software, in other cases Windows users indicate that the search tool corrupts browsers and initiates unauthorized, disruptive activity. What is the situation with the search engine on your personal computer and web browsers? Has it hijacked them? Have you been informed about the changes linked to the application? Have you changed the home page and search provider settings yourself? Whichever way the suspicious program is running on the computer we can help you with its removal. Do you know how to delete Teoma Web Search?
The privacy policies represented at teoma.com indicate that the search engine employs web cookies to collect information related to your web browsing habits. This is not something you should be too worried about because most browser plugins and websites employ some sort of tools to gather demographic statistics and information on your virtual activity. What is disconcerting is the fact that the developer of the search engine (IAC Search & Media) is closely linked to third-party advertisers who may have malign intentions. Www1.search-results.com is yet another suspicious search engine which has been developed by the same company as teoma.com. We strongly recommend that you act extremely careful with these search engines because they could present you with online pop-up, in-text advertisements leading you to undesirable sources. This is the main reason why you should remove Teoma Web Search.
Teoma Web Search removal depends on its own activity. If the search tool is linked to a browser hijacker, you need to delete it using automatic spyware detection and removal software. If you have set your home page to teoma.com yourself, you may be able to get away with manual removal instructions. Please see the guides down below.
Remove Teoma Web Search from browsers
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup click Set pages and change/remove the displayed URL. Click OK.
- Under Appearance click Change and modify/remove the displayed URL. Click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and remove (X) the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser, click the icon on the search box and select Manage Search Engines.
- Click Teoma Web Search, select Remove and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap keys Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab on the left, overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T one more time and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers, click the unwanted option, hit Remove and then Close.
In non-techie terms:
Teoma Web Search is a suspicious search engine which we recommend having removed from the browsers. The removal instructions below may help you delete the tool from the most popular web browsers; however, they will not guarantee that your PC is safe to run. Therefore, we recommend scanning the PC with a reliable spyware scanner or, better yet, installing authentic security software.