Do you know what www1.search-results.com is?
Third-party service providers. Some elements or features of the Sites, such as the sponsored results advertising on our search-results pages, are supplied to us by third parties under contract. We may supply some of the information we collect from you to those third parties so that they can provide those elements or features for display on the Site.
It is not secure to have information about your personal browsing habits leaked to third parties because it is difficult to say who IAC Search & Media affiliates with. If the company leaks the so-called statistical data to all of its ‘partners’ who are willing to pay money – it is possible to deal with cyber crooks without even knowing it. All in all, as research shows, the Web and Image searches made through www1.search-results.com are useless as whenever you enter a key word you are redirected to http://www1.search-results.com/error. In conclusion, using the website is not only potentially dangerous but also completely useless.
It is our recommendation to delete malicious programs which initiated unauthorized redirecting to the precarious website. For this purpose, it would be best to install automatic spyware detection and removal software. Additionally, you can use the provided manual removal instructions to delete any unwanted programs and reconfigure browser settings.
Delete undesirable programs from the PC
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access Metro UI start screen and right-click.
- Select All apps and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the program you wish to delete and click Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click Start and then Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and find the application you want to remove.
- Right-click it and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs, select the unwanted application and click Remove.
Reconfigure browser settings
- Simultaneously tap Alt+H, select Troubleshooting Information and click Reset Firefox.
- Confirm the choice, wait for new data to be imported and click Finish.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F, select Tools and click Extensions.
- Find the unwanted application, click the recycle bin icon and select Remove.
- Move to the left of the page and click Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page, click Set pages, overwrite the entry and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change, overwrite the entry and click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines, locate the undesirable search engine, click X to remove it and click OK.
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, delete or overwrite the provided Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and this time select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions, select the unwanted add-on and click Disable.
- Now click Search Providers, select the undesirable entry, click Remove and then Close.
In non-techie terms:
If you wish to browse without any security risks, we advise the removal of www1.search-results.com related infections and programs. Note that the manual removal instructions above will help you modify browser settings and delete unwanted applications; however, to delete running infections you will need to employ authentic spyware detection and removal software.