Do you know what Softonic-Eng Toolbar is?
Softonic-Eng Toolbar is a browser extension that is often categorized as potentially unwanted program. It is part of the Conduit family, which means there is an extensive number of browser plugins that are highly similar to Softonic-Eng Toolbar. Although some users think that they have been infected by this application, it is not a computer malware, and you can easily remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from your PC via Control Panel. Once you have this plugin removed, you should scan your PC to make sure that you have no other potentially dangerous programs installed.
Since Softonic-Eng Toolbar comes from the Conduit group, this toolbar is directly related to Travelocity Toolbar, Messenger Plus Toolbar, Midicair Toolbar and others. It can be downloaded at steng7.ourtoolbar.com, but more often than not the toolbar is bundled with shareware programs you can find at third party websites. If you download a video player, a game or any other free of charge piece of software, make sure that you read the installation setup carefully; otherwise you would end up installing the full version of Softonic-Eng Toolbar as well.
As far as the full version of Softonic-Eng Toolbar is concerned, it is one of the reasons why computer users often consider this plugin a browser hijacker. The full version comes with browser modifications that resemble browser hijacking, but that is not exactly true in this case, because users consent to these modifications themselves. Even if you overlook the setup step that informs you about it, your home page and default search engine are changed for search.conduit.com with your own permission. Thus, are responsible for whatever happens when you click on pop-up ads and other commercial links that are displayed via this search engine.
One of the main reasons why users are advised to remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from their PCs are potential malware infections. Cyber criminals can easily exploit such plugins as Softonic-Eng Toolbar, and it is only a matter of time before the toolbar (indirectly) because a source of a serious trouble. Therefore, you will do yourself a favor by following the manual removal instructions below and terminating Softonic-Eng Toolbar for good.
How to remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
How to remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from browser
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab click Restore to Default and press OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines, remove Conduit Search and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Press Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Conduit Search and click Done.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Under General tab click Use Default button and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search Providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Conduit Search.
Afterwards you should also scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner. The scanner will detect potentially dangerous programs if any, and you will be able to protect your system from possible infections.
In non-techie terms:
Softonic-Eng Toolbar is a toolbar that can be responsible for a number of security issues. If you have it installed on your computer, you should remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar right now.
Aliases: SoftonicEng Toolbar.