Do you know what Politia Romana Virus is?
Politia Romana Virus is a computer infection that terrorizes innocent users into paying their money for something that cannot be done. Politia Romana Virus is actually a ransomware application, and as such it locks your computer by displaying a fraudulent security message across your screen. Since this infection targets Romanian users, the message is displaying in Romanian and it carries a few official symbols of Romanian Police force. However, this ransomware has nothing in common with the law enforcement agencies.
Politia Romana Virus is directly related to Ukash virus group, and it looks exactly the same as Slovenská Polícia Virus, Türk Polisi Virus, Ministere de L’interieur Virus and other similar infections from the same family (except for the localized languages). So it should be obvious what Politia Romana Virus wants from you. Do not panic if you cannot access your desktop, this infection depends on your frantic decisions that lead to thoughtless payment. Hence, even if you see this message on your screen, DO NOT pay the money:
Toate operatiunile efectuate prin intermediul computerului dat se inscriu. In caz daca folositi camera-web toate fotografiile si video se salveaza pentru identificare.
Pentru a debloca computerul Dvs si de a evita urmarirea penala trebuie sa efectuati plata in marime de 300 RON.
Calculatorul dvs. este blocat!
Articolul 272 Dreptul de autor
Amenda sau inchisoare de pina la 2 ani
(Utilizarea sau propagarea fisierelor cu drept de autor - filme, software)
Articolul 104 - Popularizarea Terorismului
Inchisoare de pina la 25 ani
(Ati intrat pe site-urile organizatiilor teroriste)
Suma amenzii constituie 300 RON. Architarea se efectuiaza in termen de 48 de ore de la depistarea incalcarii.
Daca amenda nu este platita, in mod automat se deschide un dosar penal.
As you can see Politia Romana Virus expects you to pay the 300 Romanian leu ransom fee in order to unlock your computer. It accuses you of downloading and storing copyrighted material illegally, and even says that you have been involved in terrorism movements, citing an article that "promises" an imprisonment sentence for up to 25 years what you've done.
Nevertheless, the only way out of this situation is to remove Politia Romana Virus from your computer. Do not even think that paying would solve anything, you would only lose your money. Follow the instructions below to terminate the infection:
For Windows Vista & 7:
- Restart the computer and press F8.
- Select Safe Mode with Neworking from system boot menu. Press Enter.
- Access the Internet and download SpyHunter at http://www.spyware-techie.com/downlaod-sph
- Install the application and remove Politia Romana Virus.
For Windows XP:
- Restart the computer.
- Press F8 while the system boots.
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Press Yes to confirm.
- Open your browser to download SpyHunter.
- Left-click the Start menu.
- Launch Run and type "msconfig" into the blank. Hit Enter.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Click "Disable All" button and press OK to save changes. Exit the menu.
- Restart the computer in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and run a full system scan to delete the infection.
In non-techie terms:
Politia Romana Virus is a dangerous computer infection that does not allow you to access your desktop and wants you to pay a ransom fee. Keep your money to yourself and follow our instructions on how to erase Politia Romana Virus for good.
Aliases: Romana Virus.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats