Do you know what Policía Federal Argentina Virus is?
This infection will make users think that their real-time image is being broadcast to law enforcement authorities (if users have webcams). Policía Federal Argentina Virus locks down your computer and displays a fake warning message from Policia Federal Argentina (Argentina's Federal Police). Except that PFA (Policia Federal Argentina) cannot lock down your computer as it does not have such jurisdiction. Thus, the notification on your screen is obviously fake and you have to ignore it at all costs. The truth is that Policía Federal Argentina Virus is a ransomware infection that tries to steal your money, by pushing you into paying a fine for the crimes you have not committed. And it is not the only infection that displays a fake notification on compromised computers.
Policía Federal Argentina Virus belongs to a huge group of ransomware programs. The group is called Ukash Viruses, because all of these infections make use of alternative payment systems to collect money from infected users. The payment systems has nothing in common with the infections. Ransomware programs use Ukash, PaySafeCard and MoneyPak, and they attack users in almost any country in the word. There is European Cybercrime Centre Virus for European countries, Policia Boliviana Virus for Bolivia, New Zealand Police Virus for New Zealand many others. However, no matter which version of Ukash ransomware you are infected with, the principal message displayed on your screen is the same: pay up, or you will face the criminal charges:
Su ordenador se ha bloqueado!
Policía Federal Argentina Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
El funcionamiento de su ordenador fue interrumpido a cause de indices de ciber actividad desautorizada.
Para desbloquear su ordenador y evitar la persecucion judicial Usted tiene que hacer el pago por el valor de 200 ARS.
Por favor, preste atencion al hecho de que la multa debe ser pagada durante 48 horas. Si Usted no tendra la posibilidad de hacer el pago durante el plazo indicado, so sera posible desbloquer Su ordernador.
En este caso se iniciara la causa penal contra Usted automaticamente.
The infection claims that a criminal case will be initiated against you if you do not pay the fine within 48 hours. Policía Federal Argentina Virus also says that by not paying you will lose a possibility to unlock your computer. However, you can unblock your computer yourself, in order to remove Policía Federal Argentina Virus from your PC and protect from other threats. To do that, follow the instructions below.
How to unlock my PC:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart the computer and tap F8 repeatedly once BIOS screen loads.
- In case Windows logo shows up, restart the computer and try again.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Menu options. Press Enter.
- Open http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter free scanner.
- Install the scanner and run a full system scan to detect Policía Federal Argentina Virus.
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- Click Yes, when a confirmation dialog box appears.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start Menu and launch Run.
- Enter "msconfig" and click OK.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable all and click OK to save changes.
- Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
In non-techie terms:
Policía Federal Argentina Virus is a malicious computer threat that denies desktop access and displays a fake notification about fake cyber crimes. It asks you to pay a fine to unlock your computer, but you need to unlock the PC using the instructions above, and then proceed with Policía Federal Argentina Virus removal using a legitimate computer security program.
Aliases: Policía Virus.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats