Do you know what Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus is?
Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus is a malicious computer infection that has been spread in Belgium. The virus paralyzes the system and displays a bogus notification in an attempt to deceive computer users into thinking that the Federal Police of Belgium have locked the computer. The message contains false charges related to the visiting of pornographic websites and sending spam emails that may contain propaganda ideas. According to the message, the computer will be unlocked if the user pays 100 euros; however, in the cases like this it is important to resist the urge to do what is required, because the only way to unlock the PC is remove Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus.
It is highly advisable to use a professional spyware removal tool, because such software will scan the computer for the ransomware infection and other potential pieces of malware that may be running in the background of the system. Another reason why you should remove the infection with a powerful anti-spyware tool is that the tool will protect the PC against future attacks of ransomware infections, some of which are spread in different countries in more than one version. For example, some Belgians are already familiar with SABAM virus; computers in Germany have been infected with GVU virus and Bundesamt für Polizei virus, so if you want to make sure that your PC is protected, do not hesitate and install SpyHunter.
Bellow you will find guidelines for the download of the program. It is vital that you follow our instructions to the letter, especially if your operating system is Windows XP; otherwise, you might not manage to start the system scan, because the infection will block SpyHunter.
1. Turn on or restart the computer.
2. While the computer is rebooting, tap the F8 key.
3. Use up/down arrow keys to move to Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
4. Download SpyHunter at http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph
5. Install the program and scan the system.
1. Restart the PC.
2. Before the Windows logo appears, tap the F8 button.
3. Move to Safe Mode with Networking with your up/down arrow keys and press Enter.
4. Click on Yes when a table appears.
5. Open the Start menu and launch Run.
6. Type “msconfig” in white space and press OK.
7. Click on the Startup tab.
8. Uncheck all startup entries and press OK.
9. Close the window.
10. Open Internet explorer and download SpyHunter.
11. Restart the PC and let it reboot normally.
12. Install the application and remove Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus.
In non-techie terms:
Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus is a ransomware infection that locks the system down and demands 100 euros in order to have the computer unlocked. Do not follow the virus’ instructions but remove it from the system with a reliable spyware removal program.
Aliases: Crime Unit Virus.