Do you know what ANSSI Virus is?
A dangerous ransomware infection has been detected recently, and it has been labeled as ANSSI Virus as the interface of the threat bears the logo of Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information (ANSSI). As there are different infections attributed to the same malware family, and malware researchers tend to name them according to the institutions that are presented in the warnings of the threats.
The purpose of ANSSI Virus is to extort money from unsuspecting users, and a combination of scare tactics is used in order to achieve the goal. The attackers incorporate the emblems of well-known organization dealing with crime or cybercrime; they also make a list of false allegations and a requirement to pay a fine of 100 Euros. All these attempts to trick you into paying the ransom should be disregarded for ANSSI Virus is a scam.
The full-screen warning of ANSSI Virus contains the logo of ANSSI, Hadopi, and European Cybercrime Centre (EC3). These institutions are real but not related to the production of the warning. Moreover, the warning contains the logo of Microsoft, indicating that it is a partner of the initiators of the message.
What is more, pay no attention to the fake accusations. The truth is that you are not charged with the use of copyrighted and prohibited material. According to the warning, you have illegally used videos and software. All the statements provided are falsified, which means that you should not pay the money.
As to the fine, a 100 Euro fine is expected to be paid via Ukash or Paysafecard. These legal online payment services are commonly use by various ransomware developers. České Republik Police Virus, Polizei Cybercrime Investigation Department malware, Politie Office Central Virus, and many other warnings of ransomware threat require that the users pay via Ukash or Paysafecard.
Now when you know that ANSSI Virus must be removed, follow the instructions on how to install SpyHunter and remove the threat. We recommend this tool to those computer users who want to have the system protected against all types of spyware, potentially unwanted programs, and other computer threats. So if you are one of those who want to have their privacy and system protected, do not hesitate and jump to the infections below.
How to remove ANSSI Virus
- Restart the PC.
- Start tapping the F8 key once the BIOS splash screen loads.
- Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Click Yes when the dialog box appears.
- Open the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Select the Disable All button and click the Apply button.
- Download our recommended spyware removal tool.
- Restart the PC.
- Install the application and remove the infection.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart the PC.
- Wait for the BIOS splash screen to load and start tapping the F8 key.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download the spyware removal tool.
- Install the program and scan the PC.
- On the Start screen, click Internet Explorer.
- Type http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and scan the computer.
In non-techie terms:
ANSSI Virus is a computer threat which is aimed at deceiving computer user into paying a fine of 100 Euros. It is crucial that you remove the infection as the warning that is displayed by the threat is a scam. Follow the above instructions and feel free to leave a question in the comment box if you have difficulties in removing the threat.
Aliases: ANSSI Virus