Do you know what Politie Office Central Virus is?
Computer users in Belgium should strengthen the security of their computers as Politie Office Central Virus, a ransomware infection, is at large. This threat locks the computers down and generates a full-screen warning that contains the logo of the Belgian Federal police. Moreover, it contains accusations that the user has been using copyrighted or pornographic material which is why the computer is said to be locked. Ignore the content of the message and remove Politie Office Central Virus as it is a scam warning as well as such ransomware cases as The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior CashU virus or FBI Cybercrime Division.
Politie Office Central Virus is not the only threat known in Belgium. Last year more than one ransomware attack on computers was recorded, which means that users should not loosen up after they have removed a ransomware infection as another one may soon be created.
Politie Office Central Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The removal of Politie Office Central Virus is highly advisable for by paying the money the user may not unlock his/her computer. According to the warning, the user has to pay a fine of €100; otherwise, he or she may face a penalty.
Vous ne pouvez payer l'amende que pendant 72 heures après la violation. À l’expiration de 72 heures la possibilité de payer l’amende est annulée, une affaire pénale contre vous sera pendant prochaines 72 heures automatiquement ouverte!
In order to pay the fine the user is supposed to buy a Paysafecard or Ukash voucher and enter its code in the box given in the warning. In this way, the criminals can record the code and then collect the money. Do not pay the fine as the computer may remain inoperable after you have entered the pin code of the voucher.
The police and the office presented are not the actual senders or initiators of the warning so remove Politie Office Central Virus from the computer right now. Follow the instructions provided below to install SpyHunter which will easily remove the threat and protect the computer against other computer infections.
Politie Office Central Virus Removal
- Press the Windows key and click the Internet Explorer tile.
- Type http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and press Enter.
- Download and install SpyHunter.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS startup screen to load and start tapping the F8 key.
- Using the up/down arrow keys, highlight the Safe Mode with Networking options and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download our recommended spyware removal tool.
- Install the application and launch a system scan.
- Reboot the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS startup screen loads, start tapping the F8 key.
- Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option.
- Press Enter.
- Click OK on the dialog box.
- Click Start to open the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- In the Open box, enter msconfig and click OK.
- On the Startup tab, click the Disable All button and then click Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the application and remove Politie Office Central Virus.
In non-techie terms:
Politie Office Central Virus is a ransomware infection aimed at deceiving computer users in Belgium. The threat makes the computer inoperable and displays a warning which demands that the user pay a fine of 100 Euros. If your PC contains Politie Office Central Virus, remove it from the computer as soon as you can.
Aliases: Politie Virus.