Do you know what Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus is?
Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus is a computer threat that tries to make you pay a fine for copyright infringement. This infection is classified as ransomware and it infects users in United Arab Emirates claiming that it is the official representative of Abu Dhabi Police office. The pattern used by Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus is the same as that of other ransomware infections from Ukash Virus group. For example, Policia Boliviana Virus or New Zealand Police Virus. The main difference is that Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus does not use Ukash or MoneyPak alternative payment systems to collect the ransom money.
Since Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus is intended for the Internet users of the Middle East, it uses CashU for ransom transfers. CashU is a prepaid online payment method available in North Africa and the Middle Easy. This payment method has nothing in common with the people behind Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus, but the fact that CashU does not require you to have a credit card to transfer the money allows Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus to target a far wider audience.
Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
There are quite a few ways for Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus to enter your system, but this ransomware infection is usually distributed by Urausy Trojan. The Trojan gets into your PC via fake social engineering messages, spam email, bundled freeware downloads and a whole number of other means of malware distribution.
In order to fight this infection, first and foremost, you need to ignore the fake notification that blocks your screen. Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus says that you have been involved in child porn storing and distribution among other things. It says that you may face a few years in prison if you do not pay the fine on time. Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus gives you 72 hours to pay a fine of 500 dirham or 100 USD to avoid a criminal case.
Naturally, the computer infection cannot put you to jail. You need to restore your desktop access and then remove Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus from your computer instead of paying your money to these cyber criminals.
How to Unlock My Computer
For Windows 8
- Press Windows key and metro Start Menu will appear.
- Click the built-in Internet Explorer tile and launch the web browser.
- Enter http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph into the address bar and press Enter.
- Click Run on a download dialog box.
- Install SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart the computer and tap F8 repeatedly.
- When Advanced Boot Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Access http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and run a full system scan.
For Windows XP
- Follow the steps above 1 and 2.
- Click Yes on a confirmation dialog box.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start Menu and launch Run.
- Enter "msconfig" and press Enter.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable all and press OK to save changes.
- Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and scan your PC.
In non-techie terms:
Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus is a ransomware infection that targets your money by locking you out of your computer. It claims that you have committed multiple crimes, but do not trust a single word this infection says. Invest in a powerful antimalware tool and remove Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus for good.
Aliases: Police GHQ Virus.