Do you know what YoutubeBookmark is?
Have you come across a program called YoutubeBookmark and have no idea how it could get onto your computer? You should know that this program has an ability to get on your system together with entirely different programs. It is not surprising anymore because nowadays free programs are usually distributed in a bundle. As YoutubeBookmark can work on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, you should not be astonished if you notice this application running onto your computer. The best thing is that you can remove this unwanted software whenever you want.
It has been observed that many people are lured into downloading YoutubeBookmark because they believe that it will provide the promised services, which seem rather useful at first. As it states on its official website ytbookmarks.info, it will enable you to bookmark your favorite videos on YouTube and then share them with your friends via the most popular social networking websites, for instance, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, and Pinterest. Besides its main function, which looks rather useful from the first sight, it might cause you some inconvenience, which is why you should seriously consider whether you need YoutubeBookmark on your system.
Once it gets onto your computer, you will definitely find it if you check the list of extensions on each of the browsers. However, do not be fooled; YoutubeBookmark is known for its ability to change names. For example, it can appear as YTBoOkMaar and YTBooKaMark; thus, if you decide to remove this program from your system, you should look for it having in mind its capability to randomize its name. Another feature of YoutubeBookmark is advertisements. There is a probability that it will show you advertisements once installed on the system; however, our researchers have found out that its advertising server is not working at the moment.
Thus if you want to avoid similar threats in the future, you should be very careful with freeware because, as it has been already mentioned, various programs, including YoutubeBookmark, usually come bundled with it. If you are a fan of various free downloads, make sure that you always select custom installation and then complete the installation wizard with a great care. You will not only be able to avoid a bunch of additional programs, but also reduce the possibility of getting in touch with malware.
If you are completely sure that you want to remove YoutubeBookmark because you do not like its services or you have just found it onto your computer without even knowing what this program does, you can definitely remove it using manual removal instructions that we have provided for you below. Do not forget to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool after the manual removal because there might be other serious infections on your system. We recommend acquiring SpyHunter antimalware suite to keep your computer protected.
How to remove YoutubeBookmark
- Open the Start menu and then locate the Control Panel icon. Select it.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and then click on the unwanted application.
- Click the Remove button to erase it.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the button of the Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and right-click on the useless application.
- Select the Uninstall button.
- Right-click anywhere on the Metro UI background.
- Find All apps in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Locate the Control Panel icon on the list and click on it.
- Select Uninstall a program and then right-click on the YoutubeBookmark.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Launch your browser and then press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and then click on Toolbars and Extensions in the menu on the left.
- Locate the extension in the list of add-ons and then click the Disable button.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Move to Tools and then find Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension under in the section Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin button and then the Remove button.
- Open your browser and then tap press Alt+T simultaneously.
- Select Add-ons from the Tools menu.
- Under the Extensions, click on the useless extension and then select Remove.
In non techie-terms:
YoutubeBookmark is not a serious threat itself, it is rather considered to be a potentially unwanted program thus it is not urgent to erase it from your system. However, if you have downloaded this browser plugin from unreliable sources, you should be very careful because it might be true that you have downloaded other unwanted application as well.
Aliases: YoutubeBookmark virus.