Do you know what Youtube Accelerator Helper is?
Youtube Accelerator Helper is a potentially unwanted program that may prove to be extremely intrusive. It promises to improve your YouTube video loading speed, but in reality all it does is decrease the video quality to accelerate the loading. It is an obvious foul play, and you should not tolerate it. You have to remove Youtube Accelerator Helper from your computer because no one wants to have anything to do with this application. While you are at it, you should remove other unwanted programs from the system as well (if any).Youtube Accelerator Helper screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
It is very likely that you have installed a number of potentially unwanted and perhaps even harmful programs together with Youtube Accelerator Helper. We can easily download the program at youtubeaccelerator.com, but for the most part this application comes bundled with other freeware. For example, the sample that our research lab team worked with came from Better Installer Downloader setup. It also means that when you install freeware apps on your computer, you usually have a choice to leave some unwanted apps out. However, if users go through the installation automatically, then chances are that you will end up having Youtube Accelerator Helper and other unwanted applications on your PC.
Judging from the official homepage, there should be nothing wrong with Youtube Accelerator Helper. It says that this program accelerates your YouTube and other web videos, and it even speeds up iTunes downloads. Needless to say, that if a user has to constantly suffers video buffering and cannot enjoy online streams; Youtube Accelerator Helper may seem like a useful application. However, just as it has been mentioned in the first paragraph, this application cannot deliver. On the contrary – it may be responsible for specific security threats that you have to take care of immediately.
In the worst case scenario, Youtube Accelerator Helper may also change your default homepage and search engine to www-search.net. In the case of bundled installation, you may also get Shopper-Pro add-on installed on your default browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox since Youtube Accelerator Helper does not work with Google Chrome). It is alarming because this way third-party applications compromise your system security by exposing you to potentially harmful third-party content.
You have to remove Youtube Accelerator Helper from your computer and then run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner in search of other unnecessary applications. When you have all the unwanted programs removed, make sure that potentially dangerous extensions are deleted from your browser as well. Eventually, invest in a legitimate computer security application. Regular system scan with your antispyware tool of choice will help you ensure that your PC is protected 24/7.
Manual Youtube Accelerator Helper Removal
- Drag mouse cursor to the bottom right of your screen.
- Select Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Youtube Accelerator Helper.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Youtube Accelerator Helper.
- Open Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Youtube Accelerator Helper.
How to reset browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings option and press Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox at the top right of a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on a pop-up box.
- Press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset on a dialog box.
In non-techie terms:
Having Youtube Accelerator Helper on your computer is not a good idea. This program might expose you to potentially dangerous third-party content. To get rid of Youtube Accelerator Helper for good, please refer to the secondary set of removal instructions below.