Do you know what Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus is?
When your PC is blocked with a scary looking notification with the U.S. flag and the FBI Department of Justice emblem attached at the top, there is no doubt that Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus has invaded your computer. The cunning program can disable your access to the desktop and can even make it impossible to use Task Manager to terminate malignant processes. Needless to say, the state of your computer makes it impossible to delete Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus; however, this task is indispensable for Windows functionality and virtual identity protection regeneration.
The fictitious notification displayed on the screen is the most important feature of the malignant ransomware virus. Please see some of the key statements here:
Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below. […]
You have been violation Copyright and Related Rights Law (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted contents. […] Fines may only be paid within 72 hours after the infringement. As soon as 72 hours elapse, the possibility to pay the fine expires, and a criminal case is initiated against you automatically within the next 72 hours! To unlock the computer, you must pay the fine through Moneypak of 200$.
The first thing you should notice is the poor English the alert is written in. Since it is highly unlikely for the FBI to miss such horrendous mistake, this should help you suspect the scam behind the bogus alert. Secondly, you must realize that getting your computer locked is a tremendously aggressive measure that the Department of Justice would never exercise without giving you prior warnings. Now that it is clear that the department has nothing to do with the misleading alert, contacting firstname.lastname@example.org is not something you should do. Besides recording your personal email address, schemers could trick you into giving your full name and other confidential data, if you make a contact.
Additionally, you should not pay attention to the completely fictitious Fraud Alert at the bottom of the page and you should not use MoneyPak to pay the requested fine. This so-called “fine” is fake and MoneyPak can be linked to other ransomware infections like IMRA virus, FBI Moneypak virus or Green dot Moneypak virus.
So, what should you do next? Without a doubt, you need to remove Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus and the instructions presented below will help you delete the devious infection with a reliable and effective malware removal tool SpyHunter.
- Begin the process by restarting your computer.
- During the boot-up you are presented with the BIOS (information about hardware). Wait for the information to disappear and immediately start tapping F8 on the keyboard.
- Once Advanced Boot Options menu appears, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking. Hit Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the application immediately.
- Restart the computer.
- When the BIOS loads up, start tapping F8 to access Windows Advanced Options Menu.
- Using arrow keys select Safe Mode with Networking. Tap Enter.
- If you see a “Windows is running in safe mode” alert on the screen – click Yes.
- Click on the Start menu and launch RUN.
- Type “msconfig” and click OK to access System Configuration Utility.
- Click on the Startup tab and uncheck all listed items. Click Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the PC in a regular way.
- Install the reliable removal application to delete Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus.
In non-techie terms:
If you do not remove Your PC is blocked due to at least one Virus from the computer, or worse – decide to pay fine for a falsely presented cyber crimes, your PC will remain locked and schemers will be able to continue with their malignant operations. If you are not happy with the state your computer is in at the moment, you should implement automatic removal tool SpyHunter to delete the virus and other potentially running infections. Vicious Trojans and worms could have helped infiltrate the virus in the first place, and you need to delete them as well, which is manual removal is not the best solution.
Aliases: Your PC is blocked virus.