Do you know what wisersearch.com is?
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The search engines which are promoted via bundle programs should be used with extra care because sometimes some irrelevant search hits may be presented on the search engine results pages. Very often less famous search engines generate sponsored advertisements or links and display them above the major search results. If you come across such entries, keep in mind that unreliable websites may be promoted in this way, too, which is why it is advisable to remove the unwanted search engine.
Sometimes it is enough to change the home page and other settings manually, in some other cases you may need to reset browsers; however, it is also possible to find a search engine or browser hijacker, which does not allow the user to alter the settings in either way. Hence a powerful spyware removal tool should be used.
Below you will find our instructions on how to reset browsers, which may help you to remove wisersearch.com. If you find that the removal guide is insufficient, download the scanner available below to find out what components do not allow you to fix the browsers.
How to remove wisersearch.com
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Check the box and click Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H.
- Select the Troubleshooting Information option.
- Click Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools and click Extensions.
- Remove suspicious browser add-ons.
- Click Settings on the left-side of the browser window.
- Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
- Delete the unwanted URL and type in a new one.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and set a new search provider.
- If necessary, change the setting of the home page under Appearance.
In non-techie terms:
Wisersearch.com is a search engine which can be set as the home page and search provider of your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and if you do not remove it from the browsers, you risk your privacy.