Do you know what WiseConvert Toolbar is?
WiseConvert Toolbar is a browser add-on which can be installed on your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can get this unwanted application while running an installer of a program to which the toolbar has been attached. Moreover, WiseConvert Toolbar is available on its own, and if you download it from, for example, wiseconvert.ourtoolbar.com, the installation wizard claims the following:
You are installing the official WiseConvert Community Toolbar for Windows Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. You’ll also receive info from the Toolbar and apps (can be disabled later).
While running the installer of the toolbar, you can choose whether to change your browsing settings. Here are two the most important options presented in the installer:
Set the Toolbar’s customized web search as my default search and notify me of changes.
Set my home page to the Toolbar’s customized web search page and notify me of changes.
Once the toolbar is installed, you will be redirected to akaqa.com; your search engine and home page which be change to WiseCovert Customized Web Search. We advise you against using the suspicious toolbar even though it is claimed to be designed on the Conduit platform. The fact that you can be redirected to dubious websites and flooded with insecure pop-up ads suggests that WiseConvert Toolbar is not the best tool for making your browsing sessions better.
If you download the toolbar on your Firefox, do not get surprised if you cannot find it in Control Panel. If you download the toolbar on Firefox, you will find WiseConvert Toolbar’s uninstall program which has to be uninstalled. Follow our removal instructions and do not forget to scan the PC with SpyHunter so that the unwanted applications are removed completely.
Uninstall WiseConvert Toolbar
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Select Uninstall a program under Programs or Programs and Features.
4. Select WiseConvert Toolbar and click on Uninstall/Change.
1. Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
2. Select Add or Remove Programs.
3. Select the WiseConvert Toolbar and press the Remove button.
1. Move the mouse over the bottom left corner of the screen until a mini Metro UI/other desktop image pops up.
2. Right-click and select Control Panel.
3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs or Programs and Features and remove WiseConvert Toolbar.
Remove WiseConvert Toolbar from Internet Browser
1. Open the browser.
2. Press and hold Alt and then press T to open the Tools menu.
3. Click on Manage Add-ons and in the Toolbars and Extensions section, look for the unwanted add-on. Remove it if it is present.
4. Click on Search Providers.
5. Select WiseConvert Customized Web Search and click on the Remove button.
6. Press Alt+T and go to Internet Options.
7. Open the General tab and change the home page in the Home page section.
8. Click OK to save.
1. Open the browser.
2. Press and hold Ctrl. Do not release the key and do the same to the Shift key and press A to open Add-ons Manager.
3. Click on Extensions and remove WiseConvertToolbar.
4. Click on the Firefox icon.
5. Go to Help - > Troubleshooting Information.
6. Click Reset Firefox -> Reset Firefox - > Finish.
7. To change the home page, go to Firefox -> Options - > General.
8. Change the home page in the Startup section and press OK.
1. Open the browser.
2. Press and hold Alt and then press the F key.
3. Go to Tools – > Extensions.
4. Remove WiseConvert Toolbar.
5. Click on Settings on the left side of the browser.
6. If you want your new tab to be blank, in the On startup section, select Open the New tab page. To set a particular startup website in every new tab, click on the last option and select Set pages. Remove the unwanted website and add a new page. Press OK to confirm.
7. To change the search engine, go to the Search Section and click on Manage search engines.
8. Remove the unwanted search engine.
9. Select a new one click on Make default.
In non-techie terms:
WiseConvert Toolbar is a browser add-on which can change the settings of your browsers and display annoying advertisements. If you do not want to use its search engine and get redirected to unwanted websites, remove it with the help of the instructions presented above.
Aliases: Wise Convert Toolbar.