Do you know what Windows Virtual Firewall is?
If you see that Windows Virtual Firewall is on your computer, do not hesitate and delete it straight away, or if you are just going to install it, for get about it and find a reliable security application for your PC. Windows Virtual Firewall replaces other bogus applications such as Windows Web Combat, Windows Virtual Angel, Windows Profound Security, etc that are attributed to the Rogue.VirusDoctor family. The ultimate goal of the malware is to swindle you out of your money after convincing you that your computer’s system is jammed full with Trojans, worms, key loggers and other infections that cannot be deleted by the trial version.
Different bogus threats such as Email-Flooder, Trojan-GameThief, Net-Worm, Trojan-Malifinder and others are presented as very harmful after simulated scans. The sad truth is that Windows Virtual Firewall cannot detect or remove a single infection, and its fake full version is just a trick to get your money. The malware also presents bogus messages informing that you are at risk and should activate the software to remove those threats. Below, some of simulated warnings are given to help you identify Windows Virtual Firewall:
Software without a digital signature detected. Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected. Full system scan is highly recommended.
Potential malware detected.
It is recommended to activate protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Remove Windows Virtual Firewall as soon as you can, unless you want to have these pop-up messages on your screen all the time. You can delete the malware either manually, or automatically. For either case, you need the Internet, Registry Editor and Task Manager, which are disabled after the installation of the malware, which also disables some executable files; hence, you might notice some slowdowns of the system.
Do not purchase the fake full version of Windows Virtual Firewall, but activate it with the key provided below so that you can access the Internet or the other Windows tools.
It is highly advisable to use a reliable and powerful malware removal tool so that Windows Virtual Firewall is fully removed. Only a legitimate anti-malware application can effectively remove the rogue, because not a single file related to the malware is left in the system. This guarantees that new infections are not regenerated in the system; hence, the system is protected against further infections.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Virtual Firewall should be deleted as soon as possible, because it is a fraudulent application that aims to obtain your money by deception. If you have it on your computer, do not pay any attention to its attempts to scare you into believing that the system is infected.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %Desktop%\Windows Virtual Firewall.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Virtual Firewall.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
Windows Virtual Firewall Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: