Do you know what Windows PRO Scanner is?
Windows PRO Scanner is a malicious computer application that has been designed to behave like a real antivirus program. It is one of the many rogues that belong to the Rogue.VirusDoctor family and even though the name of the group would suggest these programs are there to save your system from the ultimate doom, it is quite the opposite – Windows PRO Scanner and all of its predecessors are dangerous rogues that can cause an irreversible system crash. The fact that Windows PRO Scanner is a new version of such rogues as Windows Protection Master, Windows Telemetry Center and Windows Shield Tool should be enough to convince you that you have to terminate Windows PRO Scanner immediately.
There are two basic ways for Windows PRO Scanner to get into your computer. One, it makes use of hacked websites that carry the malicious code. If you land onto one of these infected pages, the download of Windows PRO Scanner starts automatically and before you know it the rogue is nested safely in your system. Two, Windows PRO Scanner employs fake online malware scanners that screech about non-existent infections on your computer, offering you to perform a quick scan, just to make sure that everything is fine. Once the user is enticed by these empty promises, Windows PRO Scanner easily gets into the system.
When it is in, Windows PRO Scanner performs a fake system scan and floods the user with fake security notifications. These notifications may include:
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected.
Full system is highly recommended.
Software without a digital signature detected.
Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Warning! Virus Detected
Threat detected: FTP Server
Infected file: C:\Windows\System32\dllcache\wmploc.dll
You are not to believe them. You should realize that Windows PRO Scanner is a fake program, even though it fits so well into your operating system’s interface. That is because the criminals behind this scam are hoping that the sophisticated design would be enough to convince you that you have to pour your money into this “antivirus” program. However, if you do so, you will expose your bank account to the cyber criminals while your computer will still be infected by the rogue. Therefore, you have to remove Windows PRO Scanner at once, making sure that no similar infection reaches you ever again.
In non techie terms:
Windows PRO Scanner is a fake antivirus program that wants your money. In order to reach its aim, the rogue tries to destroy your computer’s system. You have to delete Windows PRO Scanner as soon as you can, but if you have no idea how to terminate the rogue on your own, invest in a reliable antimalware tool that will do the job automatically for you.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Windows PRO Scanner.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows PRO Scanner.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avp32.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\beagle.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msa.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "net" = 2012-2-25_1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\jedi.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegedit" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ntvdm.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Inspector"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\vir-help.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wupdt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\spoler.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ashLogV.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rav7.exe
Windows PRO Scanner Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: