Do you know what Windows Instant Scanner is?
If you have an idea what Windows Privacy Counsel, Windows Privacy Module or Windows Custom Safety is, then you will surely know what Windows Instant Scanner is all about. It is a rogue antispyware application and even though it promises to perform a full system scan and protect your computer from harm, these promises will never be fulfilled. The user has to erase Windows Instant Scanner from his desktop immediately otherwise the computer’s system will be destroyed in no time, as Windows Instant Scanner could not care less about your system’s security.
The only reason why Windows Instant Scanner is in your computer is money. To put it simply, the rogue holds your computer a hostage until your pay for the full version of the program. The rogue offers a lifetime support for $79.95 and even though it does seem as though it can protect you from various viruses, the weird computer behavior you are experiencing is caused by none the other but Windows Instant Scanner itself. It blocks various executables and meddles with your Internet browser in order to prevent you from removing it. You will receive a firewall warning that states your Internet browser is infected with malware and needs to be closed so that the infection would not spread further. Aside from this message you will also get a handful of other fake security warnings:
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
is suspected to have infected your PC. This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them to a remote server.
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected.
Full system scan is highly recommended.
You know well enough that none of them are real. Windows Instant Scanner is too eager to sell its service to be a real antivirus program. Thus, a lot of users get the hang of the situation pretty quick and try to ignore the rogue and all of its messages, but that does not solve the problem, because Windows Instant Scanner has a lot of tricks behinds its sleeve (figuratively speaking) and it can go as far as denying access to Task Manager or Registry Editor. The rogue does so in order to remain in your system for as long as possible.
Even though the situation might seem desperate, you can always bring Windows Instant Scanner down with this code:
You need to enter this code into the rogue’s registration window. It makes Windows Instant Scanner “think” that you have paid for the license and the rogue will unblock all your tools and executables. However, that is not the end of it, since the rogue pulls back only for the time being. So while you can, acquire a powerful security tool and remove Windows Instant Scanner automatically. It will also protect your system against future intrusions and you will no longer have to worry about your system’s security.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Instant Scanner is a fake antivirus program that wants to steal your money and ruin your computer’s system. Destroy Windows Instant Scanner with an antimalware program that you can trust and bar any other threat from entering your system for good.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows Instant Scanner.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Custom Safety.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Custom Safety.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
Windows Instant Scanner Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: