Do you know what Windows Expert Series is?
Windows Expert Series is a computer application which looks like a reliable security application that supposedly deletes viruses, Trojans, key loggers and other infections after activation of its full version. Windows Virus Hunter, Windows Web Commander and other bogus computer security programs are “cloned” to produce the malware which as well as its predecessors is attributed to the Rogue.VirusDoctor family. Unaware of the danger users are tricked into believing that the computer’s system is infected with various infections. The user purchases the “full” version to remove those infections, and a massive sum of money is earned by cyber criminals. When Windows Expert Series is noticed on the computer, it is highly advisable to delete it from the system in order to avoid annoying displays of misleading information and impairments of the system.
Once Windows Expert Series sneaks in the system, it puts its plans it action by presenting simulated scans and infections. You should not try to delete such infections as Trojan-clicker, Exploit, Server-Telnet, because they do not exist in the system. Random files of the system might be labeled as viruses; hence, if you delete something related to the system’s performance, the consequences can be damaging. Moreover, names of the infections presented are rather collective, and they do not present specific Trojans, worms or key loggers. Additionally, you should also ignore simulated messages which highlight that you should acquire it supposedly full version to delete infections. Find how those spurious messages look like:
Potential malware detected.
It is recommended to activate protection and perform a thorough system scan to remove the malware.
Warning! Virus Detected
Threat detected: FTP Server
Attempt to run a potentially dangerous script detected. Full system scan is highly recommended.
Additionally, you should pay no attention to disorders of the system with occur due to the presence of Windows Expert Series. The malware disables access to the Internet, hides Registry Editor and Task Manager and does not allow you to launch certain executable files to detect the infection. If you cannot use your computer properly, that does not mean that you have to do what you are told by the malware. The problem is solved when you remove Windows Expert Series, because if you purchase its supposedly real full version, you lose your money and sensitive data such as credit card number, login passwords, CVV, etc. Thus, keep your money for legitimate antispyware software, but first delete Windows Expert Series from the computer.
The removal of the rogue is much easier if it is registered with an activation key. The activation key, which is provided below, should be entered in an appropriate field.
Once you activate Windows Expert Series, you can access either Registry Editor and remove the infection manually or delete it automatically by using a legitimate spyware removal tool. We recommend doing the latter, because the automatic removal of the rogue guarantees that the infection is removed completely. Everything related to malware is deleted, and if you use a legitimate security tool, a new infection cannot be regenerated.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Expert Series is a computer infection that looks like a computer security tool. Unfortunately, the malware does not detect and remove viruses but attempts to persuade you to buy it imaginary full version. Remove this bogus application as soon as you can so that you can use the computer properly.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows Expert Series.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Web Commander.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Web Commander.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\xp_antispyware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "otbpxlqhjd"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cmdagent.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\srng.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\npfmessenger.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tsadbot.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\alevir.exe
Windows Expert Series Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: