Do you know what Windows Efficiency Accelerator is?
There is no need to go anywhere far to track down the origins of Windows Efficiency Accelerator. It is a malicious computer application and is nothing else, but a revamped new version of Windows Safety Toolkit, Windows Antivirus Care, Windows Guard Solutions and other similar rogue antispyware applications that you want to remove as soon as possible. Although, perhaps “revamp” is a bit too strong of a word, because in reality Windows Efficiency Accelerator is exactly the same as its forerunners, judging by the identical interface and the same collection of pop-up messages, the only new thing about Windows Efficiency Accelerator is its name.
Other than that, Windows Efficiency Accelerator uses the world-old tactics of infiltrating the target computer through false malware scanner, and then changing the Registry settings which as a result allow Windows Efficiency Accelerator load together with the operating system. What is more, the rogue DOES look like an extended part of Windows XP due to its appearance, and therefore few users realize that Windows Efficiency Accelerator is a fake that has been installed on their computers to steal their hard-earned money.
Some of the users are bound to believe the rogue’s lies, because of the constant pop-up message terror:
Keylogger activity detected. System information security is at risk.
It is recommended to activate protection and run a full system scan.
Software without a digital signature detected.
Your system files are at risk. We strongly advise you to activate your protection.
Now who wouldn’t be scared when things like these appear on their screen every other second? Not to mention that these messages are accompanied by the inability to open various programs that are necessary if you want to delete Windows Efficiency Accelerator (like the Internet browser or Windows Task Manager).
We can suggest a solution. Naturally, you need to get rid of Windows Efficiency Accelerator, but here is how you can make the removal a very smooth process:
Registration code 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Click “Activate Ultimate Protection” button at the left top of the rogue’s interface and when you see the registration window show up, enter the activation key above. The so-called “registration” should get you the blocked programs and systems tools back. As a result, you will be able to acquire a computer safety program that will remove Windows Efficiency Accelerator from your computer. Time is key in this situation, so you mustn’t sit and do nothing, waiting for the rogue to come back. Eradicate Windows Efficiency Accelerator at once.
In non-techie terms:
Windows Efficiency Accelerator is a dangerous computer threat that pretends to be an antivirus program. It damages your computer’s system while at the same time it tries to convince you into spending your money (and revealing your financial information) for a completely worthless product. Terminate Windows Efficiency Accelerator and make sure your system is fully protected from similar threats.
Warning, this parasite is known to disable your Internet connection. Click here for instructions explaining how to restore your Internet access.
How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- Windows Efficiency Accelerator.lnk
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\Windows Efficiency Accelerator.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Efficiency Accelerator.lnk
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\bisp.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\scrscan.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utpost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\esafe.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\pcip10117_0.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mssmmc32.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings "UID" = "okanrqfdwk"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\atro55en.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\install.exe
Windows Efficiency Accelerator Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: