Do you know what webssearches.com is?
Webssearches.com is a search keyword used for browser hijacker. In other words, it denotes a computer infection that modifies your browser settings without your permission. It is a very intrusive infection that comes from the same family as Aartemis, Nation Zoom, Qvo6 Virus and a number of other computer threats. It means that you need to remove webssearches.com as soon as possible to avoid other malware threats. Luckily, compared to previously released browser hijackers, webssearches.com is easier to remove manually, although you are still expected to make use of computer security program to ensure the PC is absolutely clean.
Browser hijacker differs from a potentially unwanted program or a browser extension in a way that it performs browser settings modifications without your permission. Nevertheless, webssearches.com is usually bundled with Quick Start freeware application which means that users initiate the browser hijacker’s installation process themselves. You may not be told of additional software that comes with Quick Start, but it is still you who allows webssearches.com to enter the system. It calls for extreme cautiousness whenever you download and install unfamiliar freeware applications, because you can never know what potential threats they could be bundled with.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
When webssearches.com settles in your system, the browser hijacker modifies your default search engine and home page for istart.webssearches.com. This home page has a search box and a few shortcuts below it that lead to such popular websites as Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo! and others. It is also common for webssearches.com to display commercial advertisements below the search box or when you perform a search on it. The main security issue regarding these commercial advertisements is the fact that webssearches.com does not review their content, and so even malevolent third parties could embed their own corrupted content there.
It means that rather than being a direct computer security threat, webssearches.com merely exposes you to a vast number of security risks. You may be redirected to a random website to increase its traffic or for various online marketing purposes. Also, webssearches.com could be used to redirect you to malware-related web pages that distribute dangerous infections. In other words, if you want to avoid serious computer threats you need to get rid of webssearches.com immediately. Follow the instructions below to remove the application from the PC and your browser. Also, do not forget that you should also scan the PC with a licensed antimalware tool, because you are bound to have other potentially unwanted and even dangerous applications installed on the PC.
Manual webssearches.com Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Wait for Charm bar to appear and then go to Settings.
- Click Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Highlight Webssearches uninstaller and click Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Webssearches uninstaller.
- Click Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Webssearches uninstaller.
Restore your browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings option.
- Press Reset and then click Close.
- Click Firefox button and then navigate to Help.
- Select Troubleshooting information, a new will open.
- Click Reset Firefox at the top right corner.
- Press Reset Firefox on a pop-up box. Click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools. Open Extensions.
- Remove unwanted applications from the list.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Press OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Webssearches.com. Click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Webssearches is a dangerous browser hijacker that changes your home page to Webssearches.com. You need to remove Webssearches.com from your computer so that you would avoid even more dangerous malware applications. Should you have any additional questions, please leave me a comment below.
Aliases: Webssearches virus.