Do you know what Websearch.thesearchpage.info is?
If you have installed Websearch.thesearchpage.info thinking that this is a search tool you can trust, you have been misled. Most computer users who install the program know little about it, and they certainly do not suspect that it could be dangerous. Unfortunately, you must delete Websearch.thesearchpage.info, because this search engine cannot provide you with beneficial services. In fact, it is more likely to expose you to clandestine security threats. Furthermore, most users, who install the search tool, later on discover that they need to remove a bunch of unreliable programs. The browser hijacker is spread via software bundles that carry PUPs, adware, and various malicious programs.
Websearch.thesearchpage.info could enter your operating system bundled with adware created in the Justplugit engine, including BestDiscountApp, TakeSave, and GetDiscountApp (all require removal). The hijacker could also be introduced to you alongside such potentially unwanted programs as Optimizer Pro and EZDownloader. Even though these programs do not look highly malicious, we advise removing them, because there are certain security issues related to them. If you need help deleting this software, use the search tool on this page to find the appropriate removal guides. Right now we want to focus on the removal of Websearch.thesearchpage.info, because this search engine is unreliable. Even though the search tool redirects to google.com/search when you try to use it as a regular search tool, it is not that innocent. The app also installs HTTP cookies to spy on you, and it displays unreliable ads. The parties associated with this search tool are considered to be unpredictable, and so, if you do not want to get scammed, you need to delete the search tool right now.
The removal instructions below have been set up to help you remove Websearch.thesearchpage.info from such popular browsers as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. As you can tell, these removal instructions will not help you delete other computer threats installed together with the hijacker. Do you have neither the time nor the experience required for the manual removal of the undesirable software? Then install an automatic malware remover that will help you out. The benefits of this software are undeniable, and we advise all computer users to install it.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F, and click Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and edit/remove the URL of the undesirable search tool.
- Under Appearance select Show Home button.
- Click Change and edit/remove the URL of the undesirable search tool.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and set a new default search engine.
- To remove the undesirable search tool, move to its URL and click the X.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T, and click Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left click Search Providers and set a new default search provider.
- Select the undesirable search tool, click Remove, and click Done.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T one more time and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, edit/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox and click the search provider icon on the Firefox search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search tool. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and go to the Home Page.
- Edit/remove the URL to eliminate Websearch.thesearchpage.info and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Even though Websearch.thesearchpage.info is unlikely to corrupt your browsers without your notice, we identify it as a browser hijacker, because users install it thinking that it is a helpful search tool. Once the application is installed on your PC, it will spy on you and open up security backdoors. Therefore, you need to delete Websearch.thesearchpage.info from your PC as soon as possible, and the instructions will help you. Do not forget to install an automated removal tool to delete the remaining threats.