Do you know what websearch.searchsun.info is?
It is very probable that you have a browser hijacker on your system if you notice that your homepage and search engine have been changed to websearch.searchsun.info. Even though the homepage seems decent visually, we do not recommend keeping this undesirable program on your system. It has been found out that it might affect all the major browsers and you will be able to set your preferred homepage and search engine just after you get rid of the program that has set websearch.searchsun.info as your homepage and search engine. If you do not know how to do that, we are here to help you. You just have to scroll down and find the instructions below. They will definitely help you to erase this program.
Websearch.searchsun.info might randomize its name; it means that it can appear using entirely different name. Thus, if you notice such extensions as SearchNewTab, SeeArch—NewTaab or SearCHNewwTab, you should know that it is the same application. Do you wonder how it could get on your system? It is very probable that it has been downloaded and installed from any of those websites that promote fake Flash or Java updates. You should always find out whether the application can be trusted prior the installation. Besides, it would be extremely useful to keep the antimalware tool enabled all the time.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Another drawback related to websearch.searchsun.info is advertisements. You will see them every time you open the browser because they will be placed on your homepage. They will not only bother you, but also might take you to corrupted websites. You might end up on them if you keep clicking on those ads. You should better ignore them all even though they might seem relevant. Besides, it is very probable that the application is collecting some data regarding your activities on the web. Such data is usually used to show ads based on user’s interests. The only effective solution is to erase the browser hijacker from your system.
Fortunately, we will help you to restore the changes and erase this browser hijacker from your system. If you are ready to do that, you should launch the antimalware tool like SpyHunter and let it scan your computer or you can just use the instructions that we have provided for you below.
How to remove websearch.searchsun.info
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Settings and then move to Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the useless program and then select Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the undesirable program and then click Uninstall.
- Access Metro UI.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Locate Control Panel and then click on it.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the application.
- Select Uninstall.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Mark Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset again.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+H simultaneously.
- Select Troubleshooting information from the menu.
- Locate Reset Firefox to its default state and then click Reset Firefox.
- Click the Reset Firefox button again in the dialog box.
- Launch your browser and then tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- Click the Reset button in the dialog box.
In non-techie terms:
Even though browser hijackers might not seem very dangerous, you should still remove them from your system because they will not allow you to act as you wish, for instance, change your homepage and search engine to preferred ones. What is more, different advertisements that will be placed on your homepage might take you to unreliable websites. Besides, you will never know whether you are receiving decent search results.