Do you know what websearch.searchrocket.info is?
websearch.searchrocket.info is a search engine that presents itself as a browser plugin. The site says that it operates as plugin software, and provides user with search services. If you try searching for something using websearch.searchrocket.info search engine, it does present you with relevant search results. However, the functionality of this website is not the main issue right now. The problem is that users often claim that websearch.searchrocket.info is set as their homepage behind their backs and they cannot restore default browser settings. Although there is no proof that websearch.searchrocket.info is a malicious browser hijacker, you are highly advised to remove the website from your browser.
You may wonder how websearch.searchrocket.info gets set as your home page and your default search engine, if it does not enter your system surreptitiously. The truth is that, the installer file for this search engine can arrive bundled with freeware from third party websites. That is to say, when you download a shareware software application and install it on your computer, you need to be attentive during the installation, because you may unwittingly change your home page into websearch.searchrocket.info. The danger behind this modification is that websearch.searchrocket.info employs cookies to collect web browser information about frequently visited sites and the like.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Although websearch.searchrocket.info itself does not use the collected information for malicious purposes, it could be attained by third parties and then exploited for marketing and other potentially undesirables objectives. Not to mention that websearch.searchrocket.info displays third party commercial advertisements that may as well be related to malware. You should restore your default browser settings right now, if you want to avoid a number of possible security risks. Despite the fact, that websearch.searchrocket.info performs search engine functions; it should not be trusted blindly.
How to reset my browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Open Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- When the reset is complete, press Close and OK.
- Click Firefox button and select Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information.
- Another tab will open, press Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox again, and when the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove unfamiliar plugins.
- Click Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage Search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove websearch.searchrocket.info. Click Done.
Removing websearch.searchrocket.info from your browser may not be enough to get rid of all undesirable files. Therefore, you should run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to check what other applications you need to remove from your PC.
In non-techie terms:
websearch.searchrocket.info is a website that could cause serious security issues. Restore your default browser settings, and invest in a legitimate antimalware tool that will safeguard your PC against possible infections.