Do you know what Websearch.searchisbestmy.info?
Websearch.searchisbestmy.info is classified as a browser hijacker. There are several reasons for this. First of all, it changes your homepage to Websearch.searchisbestmy.info once installed onto your computer. Secondly, your default search provider will be changed to WebSearch. Besides, you should prepare for the payload of advertisements every time you launch your browser. They might contribute to the exposure to malicious software as well. You should also know that this browser hijacker collects your browsing data, which means that you need to remove Websearch.searchisbestmy.info if you want to protect your privacy.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
It is known that Websearch.seasrchbestmy.com comes onto your computer bundled together with other programs. It means that if you like to download software from the internet, especially free software, you should only use reliable sources. Moreover, you should always select custom installation and uncheck the unfamiliar programs in order to prevent additional software from getting onto your computer. In other case, you will have a bunch of new programs on your system.
Our specialists suggest that you remove Websearch.searchbestmy.com from your computer because it can be more harmful than beneficial. You can use manual removal instructions which we have provided for you below. However, you should definitely scan your system for other existing threats. For this matter, we recommend using SpyHunter. It is a reliable tool which is able to detect and remove various infections in the shortest period of time.
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the program which you want to remove and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and 7
- Go to the Task Bar and click the Start button.
- Move to Control Panel and then select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted application and click the Uninstall button.
- Right-click on the Metro UI background and select All apps.
- Find Control Panel icon and select it.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the program which you want to remove.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Under the heading Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find the extension which you want to delete in the list and click on it.
- Click the Disable button.
- Select Search Providers from the same menu on the left.
- Click on the new search provider and then select Set as default.
- Click on the unwanted search engine and then click the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Type in a new homepage address and click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Go to Add-ons and select Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Select the unwanted extension and click the Disable button.
- Press Alt+T again and select Options.
- Type in URL of your homepage and click OK.
- Get back to the start window of Mozilla Firefox.
- Find the search provider icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select a new search provider from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the search provider icon again and select Manage Search Engines…
- Click on the engine which you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- In the section On startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages.
- Add a new homepage address or select from the existing ones and click OK.
- In the section Search, click on the Manage search engines… button.
- Select a new search engine from the list and click Make default.
- Find the engine which you want to remove and click X.
- Click Done to close the dialog box.
- Select Extensions on the same menu.
- Click on the unwanted extension and then click the recycle bin button.
- Select Remove when the dialog box appears in order to complete the removal.
In non-techie terms:
You should not trust Websearch.searchisbestmy.info because its main purpose is to show you commercial advertisements and collect money using pay-per-click websites. You do not even know if the search results are not sponsored. As you can clearly see, this software is rather suspicious, which is why we recommend that you remove it from you system entirely.