Do you know what Websearch.pur-esult.info is?
If your home page has been set to Websearch.pur-esult.info, you have noticed search provider modifications and unauthorized redirecting to suspicious websites, you certainly need to delete a clandestine browser hijacker which exists on your PC. The threat may enter with bundled downloads, spam email attachments and similar system security backdoors. What is the purpose of the suspicious program? It may be used to boost traffic to various websites, as well as to collect information about your browsing activity. If you do not want questionable parties tracking your every virtual move, we suggest you remove Websearch.pur-esult.info as soon as possible. Firstly, learn why this task is important.
If you do not remove the browser hijacker, every single time you launch a browser, you will find yourself using the suspicious search.smartaddressbar.com search engine. You are routed to it every time you click Search on the initial search provider pur-esult.info. Since most of the listed search results are supported links to sites related to promotional content, it is unlikely that you will be able to find what you are looking for. Therefore, it is important that you replace the suspicious home page/search provider. We have provided the instructions which will help you perform this task; however, you firstly need to remove the hijacker which has caused the unauthorized activity. Please click the download button below to install an authentic security tool which will delete undesirable/dangerous programs and ensure Windows protection.
Change undesirable browser settings
- Launch Firefox and click the search provider icon placed on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options from the appeared menu.
- Click the General tab and move to Home Page below.
- Change/remove the set URL and click OK.
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change/remove the set URL and click OK to exit.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 3.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and remove (click X) the undesirable search provider.
- To confirm the changes click OK.
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted option. Click Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.pur-esult.info is a suspicious browser hijacker which could be used to redirect your traffic to unreliable sources. The search engine is unreliable either and using it could impose virtual security risks upon you. You can use the instructions provided above, and we welcome all questions regarding the removal process.