Do you know what Websearch.pu-results.info is?
Websearch.pu-results.info is classified as a browser hijacker because it changes your homepage and default search engine once installed onto the computer; thus, you will see this address every time you open your browser. This program is compatible with all the most popular browsers which are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It means that you will probably be able to use your beloved homepage only if you remove websearch.pu-results.info from your system. You should also beware of websearch.searchsunmy.info, websearch.searchisbestmy.info, websearch.search-guide.info, and websearch.searchguru.info as they are all based on the same template and act very similarly.
Do you wonder how websearch.pu-results.info entered your system? The most probable scenario is that it came onto your computer in a bundle. It might be that you have downloaded some kind of software and installed it without paying much attention to the installation wizard and just clicking the Next button. This is how a bunch of additional programs, including websearch.pu-results.info, might have been installed. We definitely do not recommend keeping this browser hijacker on your system because it is a useless piece of software as its search results might be sponsored and it might even expose you to different threats. The main tip for the future would be to select advanced installation every time you install a new application in order to be able to unmark unfamiliar programs and prevent them from being installed.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you have websearch.pu-results.info on your system, it is very likely that you have already spotted various advertisements on its start page. You will not be able to stop them unless you remove the program which is responsible for their distribution. You should not click on all those advertisements because you might be redirected to the websites which contain malicious software. You should not be too naive; websearch.pu-results.info is certainly not responsible for the material of third parties, which means that you use all the services at your own risk.
If you want to remove websearch.pu-results.info, you can do this manually by using instructions that we have provided for you below. You can also remove it with a help of an antimalware tool, for instance SpyHunter. You can trust this authentic antimalware suite because it will remove all the existing threats and you will be protected from other dangerous infections.
How to remove websearch.pu-results.info
- Launch your browser and click on the search provider icon.
- Select a new search provider from the drop-down menu and then click on the icon again.
- Select Manage Search Engines… and then select the unwanted application.
- Click the Remove button to erase it and then click OK to close the dialog box.
- Tap Alt+T keys simultaneously and then select Options.
- Click the General tab and then type in a new homepage address.
- Click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Go to Manage Add-ons and then select Search Providers from the menu on the left.
- Select a new search provider and click Set as default.
- Click on the search engine that you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and then select Internet Options.
- Select the General tab and then type in a new homepage URL. Click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Move to Settings and select it.
- In the section On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages.
- Type in a new URL and select it, click OK.
- Go to Appearance, mark Show Home button, and then click Change.
- Enter the URL and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines… in the section Search.
- Select a new search provider and click Make default.
- You can erase the unwanted search engine by clicking on X.
- Click Done.
In non-techie terms:
You should not keep websearch.pu-results.info onto your computer because it is basically a useless piece of software. It is classified as a browser hijacker and you will not be able to use your computer freely unless you remove it entirely. If you choose manual removal instructions, you should still scan you system with a reliable antimalware tool, for instance, SpyHunter.
Aliases: websearch Virus.