Do you know what Websearch.awsomesearchs.info is?
Websearch.awsomesearchs.info is a website that is used as a default homepage by a browser hijacker infection. The web settings modification is carried out without your permission, and with your main homepage set for Websearch.awsomesearchs.info you get exposed to a variety of potentially unwanted and even dangerous content. It is in your best interest to remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info from your computer. It is necessary to point out that Websearch.awsomesearchs.info seldom comes alone, so you will obviously need to terminate other potentially unwanted and dangerous applications as well.
This browser hijacker is related to previously discussed infections such as Websearch.webisawsome.info, Websearch.searchiseasy.info, Websearch.searchinweb.info and so on. All of these browser hijackers modify your browser settings without your permission and also add specific browser extensions that collect data on what websites you visit and generate commercial pop-ups.
There is no homepage for Websearch.awsomesearchs.info and it means that you cannot download the installation file directly. Not that you would want that, anyway. It means that Websearch.awsomesearchs.info arrive bundled with freeware applications. Based on our security research, the browser hijacker’s setup file usually hides behind annoying pop-ups that offer to upgrade your Flash or Java plug-ins. You should think twice before you click these types of advertisements, because they do not distribute software updates. With a single click you automatically initiate adware and malware downloads, and it is only a matter of time until Websearch.awsomesearchs.info settles onto your computer.
Websearch.awsomesearchs.info makes use of justplug.it extension engine. The browser hijacker always installs extensions, but their names can be generated at random. It means that Websearch.awsomesearchs.info distributes the same browser add-on, only under a different name. Usually, the add-on that travels with Websearch.awsomesearchs.info is called SNT, but it might also be known as SeeArch—NewTaab, SearCHNewwTab, SnT, SNNT and so on.
With Websearch.awsomesearchs.info installed on your browser, your web search queries will be redirected to commercial websites, and you will be exposed to potentially malicious content. For example, Websearch.awsomesearchs.info is known to redirect users to search.coupons-bar.com. For the most part, you are offered to install more adware onto your computer or make easy money through various surveys. However, trusting adware applications is not a good idea, because they can be easily exposed by malevolent third parties.
To protect your system from malware infections and to avoid potential money loss, you need to remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info from your computer and your browser. Please follow the manual removal instructions below to get rid of Websearch.awsomesearchs.info for good. If you think that there might be other unwanted applications left on the PC, scan it with a licensed antimalware tool.
How to remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove SNT.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove SNT.
- Click Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Go to Add or remove programs and uninstall SNT.
Remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info from browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Click Use Default button under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info from the list and click OK.
- Click Firefox button and go to Options.
- Click Restore to Default button under General tab and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove SNT from Extensions. Restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools. Open Extensions.
- Remove SNT from the list and click Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and delete Websearch.awsomesearchs.info.
- Enter a new homepage address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Websearch.awsomesearchs.info and press Done.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.awsomesearchs.info is a browser hijacker that changes your browser settings without your permission and then displays a lot of commercial advertisements that might lead you to dangerous websites. You need to remove Websearch.awsomesearchs.info right now to prevent unwanted infection consequences.