Do you know what Walermis is?
Walermis is advertised as a tool that will greatly improve your browsing experience, such as searching the web, to comparing online deals to find the best prices. But there is a slight problem, however, because Walermis is actually an adware application that you might want to remove. The reason is that it displays irritating advertisements, which are of no use to you unless you installed the application with the intention of getting commercial offers. If you do not want to have this application, you should uninstall it using the instructions provided at the end of this article.
So let us begin analyzing Walermis by starting off with its origins and methods of distribution. This application belongs to the so-called SuperWeb family, a line of adware applications that have been developed by SuperWeb LLC, which is owned by the Sambreel/Yontoo group. This is an advertising company located in Carlsbad, California. This company is responsible for hampering web browsing with the help of adware applications, such as Computer Pal, Computer Chair, Dig Deep, Fresh Outlook, and so on, for a number of years now.Walermis screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Obviously, Walermis is bad news. As you can see, the application brings no real improvements whatsoever to web browsing. Only the developers and, most likely, the advertisers profit from this application, because some users get tempted and click the ads. Most ads are legitimate, but some might not be, so we think there is no point in keeping this program, since the ads are irritating regardless of whether they are good or bad. Therefore, we invite you to remove Walermis using the removal guide below.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Open the Start Screen.
- Type Uninstall in the search box and then go to Settings.
- In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.
- Find Walermis, right-click on it, and click Uninstall.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Find Walermis and right-click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Walermis and click Remove.
Reset your browser's settings
- Press Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- In the dialog box, click Reset Firefox again and click Finish.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark the Checkbox, click Reset and click Close.
- Press Alt+F and choose Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset settings and click Reset again.
In non-techie term:
Walermis is an adware-type application that you might want to remove, because the advertisements are annoying and will constantly get in your way. On top of that there is a slight chance that your PC might become infected with more malicious software, since not all advertisers promote for the right reasons. After you remove this program, we suggest scanning your computer for malicious software with an antimalware tool.