Do you know what Vonteera is?
If you install Vonteera, get ready for dramatic changes on your browsers. Vontera is an adware program which has the characteristics typical of browsers hijackers. Not only does this program generate different advertisements; it also changes the settings of the browsers. It replaces the home page and the default search engine to arabyonline.com, which is aimed at Arabic-speaking countries. Arabyonline.com is the news website, which is also contains various advertisements. We recommend that you take action to fix you browsers, especially if Vontera has been installed accidentally. Like any other free computer applications, Vonteera may be bundled with free programs, so you should always pay attention to the information that you are provided with.
Once installed, Vonteera inserts its advertisements into various websites, including Ebay, YouTube and other popular website. The advertisements belong neither to Vonteera nor to arabiconline.com, which means that you interact with those advertisements at your own risk. The content of the advertisements depends on the objectives of the advertisers, who usually attempt to drive more traffic to a great variety of websites. You may be invited to download a computer application, to scan the computer online or to play online games. Some of the advertisements may also appear on the search results page. Additionally, you may find that some of the ads are written in Arabic. Nevertheless, if you are not familiar with the product or service that is promoted in the advertisement, you should be very careful when browsing the website on which you land after clicking on the advert. Adware programs can easily deceive you into visiting insecure websites, so if you care about your privacy, avoid clicking on questionable pop-ups.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you want to prevent adverse results, such as data loss or computer infections, you should remove Vonteera from the browsers as soon as you can. Moreover, you should restore the settings of the browsers if you want to use the Internet browsers as usual.
We recommend that you implement a spyware removal tool because automatic removal is by far the easiest they to remove Vonteera from the computer. We recommend using SpyHunter because this application can remove Vonteera and shield the system from many different computer threats. If you are willing to try removing Vonteera manually, follow the instructions provided below and then scan the system.
How to remove Vonteera
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Remove the unwanted program.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Vonteera.
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower-left corner.
- Right-click on the pop-up window.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the unwanted application.
How to restore your browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, change the home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers on the left-hand side and set a new search provider.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- Change the home page on the General tab and click OK.
- Click the search engine icon next to the search box and select a new search provider.
- Press Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- Under On startup, click on the third option and then click Set pages.
- Set a new startup page.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines.
- Remove arabyonline.com and select a new search provider.
In non-techie terms:
Vonteera is an adware program which may also be regarded as a browser hijacker. If you have decided to remove it manually, do not forget to scan the computer afterwards.
Aliases: Vonteera virus.