Do you know what Video Download Converter Toolbar is?
Video Download Converter Toolbar is a browser plugin that is often considered to be a browser hijacker by computer users and antimalware bloggers alike. Nevertheless, you should not be that hasty in concluding that the toolbar on your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) is a malicious infection. You are definitely recommended to remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from your computer, but that is not because of the toolbar itself. You simply need to be careful of the possible malware exploitations.
The main reason why we cannot consider Video Download Converter Toolbar a browser hijacker is the fact that users install it on their computers themselves. Now, you may say that you had no intention of installing Video Download Converter Toolbar on your PC, but truth is that when you download various freeware programs from third party websites, they are most probably bundled with such browser extensions as this toolbar, and if you go through the installation process negligently, you may end up with a few more applications in your system, some of which you do not even need.
Video Download Converter Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Hence, if you have installed a new program on your PC recently, and Video Download Converter Toolbar appeared on your browser, it means that the extension has been installed along with the program. What is more, there is a reason why some users think Video Download Converter Toolbar is a browser hijacker – should you install the full setup of this browser plugin, your default search engine and home page will be modified for search.tb.ask.com and home.tb.ask.com. The similar behavior was exhibited by InboxAce Toolbar, which allows us to assume that these two toolbars have something in common.
Even though the installation requires user’s intervention, Video Download Converter Toolbar is not absolutely innocent. The plugin can collect information on your web browsing via cookies, and in case it gets hacked by cyber criminals, all the collected data might be used for marketing and even malware distribution purposes. Thus, if you want to avoid possible malware infection and other security risks, you have to remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from your computer right now. Follow the instructions below to delete Video Download Converter Toolbar manually.
Manual Video Download Converter Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm Bar and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Video Download Converter Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Video Download Converter Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Video Download Converter Toolbar.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- When the reset is complete, click Close and OK.
- Press the orange Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox again and press Finish when the reset is complete.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from the list.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove home.tb.ask.com and enter a new home page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Ask.com and click Done.
After manual removal, you should scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner in order to check whether you have any other potentially dangerous programs installed in your system. Do all it takes to protect your computer from malicious threats.
In non-techie terms:
Video Download Converter Toolbar is a browser plugin that may indirectly become responsible for a series of security issues, so you should remove Video Download Converter Toolbar from your PC before any of the malicious threats manages to enter your system.
Aliases: Video Download Converter plugin.