Do you know what Video Converter Toolbar is?
Video Converter Toolbar is a browser plugin available from videoconverter.ourtoolbar.com. Even though most Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome users install the application in the hopes of acquiring the most beneficial and useful browser plugin, in reality this toolbar should not be trusted. As you know already, the application offers links to such online money saving tools as Pricegong and Value Apps. The services provided by these programs may be beneficial; however, they could also allow the installation of suspicious third party web cookies. Even though cookies are usually used to collect non-identifiable data, there is no way of telling what the third parties linked to the plugins could have in store for you. Therefore, we recommend that you delete Video Converter Toolbar and ensure that your PC is protected against malignant activity.
Have you discovered TuneUp Utilities 2013, Free Smileys and other undesirable programs installed together with the suspicious toolbar? These programs are installed automatically; however, you can remove them using the manual removal instructions below, as they are not considered highly malignant. Additionally to this, you should also get rid of the search.conduit.com and the Customized Web Search tools. These browser modifications are not automatic and you have to choose them manually during the installation process, which is why you should not treat the toolbar as a browser hijacker. The same goes for Video Download Converter Toolbar, Fox News Toolbar and Internet Helper Toolbar. Nonetheless, even though these search tools look authentic and reliable, our researchers recommend that you delete them as soon as possible.
Video Converter Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Conduit search tools are closely linked to third-party advertisements which you will be exposed to if you do not replace search.conduit.com with a more reliable application. The task is not complicated at all and you can delete Video Converter Toolbar just as easily. Please use the manual removal instructions listed below.
Remove undesirable software
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Win key on the keyboard to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel, select Uninstall a program and right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Click Uninstall to complete the task.
Remove from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu, click Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Click Start and Select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click the unwanted one and select Remove.
Change browser settings
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/delete the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Click the search provider icon located on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Click the undesirable provider and select Remove.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change the Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T once more and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on your left select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable provider and click Close.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages, click Set pages, then change/remove the set URL and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change and overwrite the provided URL. Click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and remove the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
In non-techie terms:
If you are not confident enough to remove Video Converter Toolbar manually, you can install a reliable and legal spyware removal tool SpyHunter. If you keep the application updated it will ensure that your personal computer is guarded against schemers and undesirable programs at all times.
Aliases: VideoConverter Toolbar.