Do you know what Vi-view.com is?
Vi-view.com is a website that might be set as your default homepage once you install Vi-view onto your computer. Vi-view is categorized as adware, because this program is known to display commercial advertisements, although in reality it is more of a potentially unwanted application. Either way, computer security experts recommend removing Vi-view.com from your computer in order to ensure that you do not get exposed to various threats. Scroll down to the bottom of this description for manual Vi-view.com removal instructions and then do not hesitate to invest in a powerful antispyware tool if need be.Vi-view.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Some computer security related websites classify Vi-view.com as a redirect virus. The truth is that Vi-view is very far from being a genuine computer infection, because it is installed with user’s permission even if he/she is not aware of that. Therefore, since the program does not enter the system surreptitiously, it cannot be considered malware.
That having been said, there are many ways for Vi-view.com to enter the PC. It is very simple to download Vi-view at vi-view.com. At the official homepage you can read the most basic information on the application. There it is said that Vi-view is an image viewer app that raises display speed by 70%. It loads images faster and optimizes display of long images.
There are actually a lot of image viewers out there and users can easily choose which application they want to use. However, security specialists warn that Vi-view.com might be related to V9 and 22find.com browser hijacker, which is why it is important that you remove Vi-view.com as soon as you can.
If you have not downloaded Vi-view from the official website, but the application is still on your computer, then it is very likely that you have downloaded Vi-view.com bundled with adware or freeware. You should be very wary of any application that comes bundled with freeware, because it may add some unnecessary functions to your browser. Vi-view.com is also known to modify your default homepage and search engine to searches.vi-view.com or mystart.vi-view.com.
It is possible that the newest versions of the main browsers are no longer susceptible to Vi-view.com modifications, but even so you ought to terminate Vi-view right now and then run a full system scan with a licensed antimalware tool to determine whether there are other potentially unwanted applications installed on your computer.
Remove Vi-view.com and all the other unwanted apps to protect yourself from potential threats. Should you have any questions on Vi-view.com or your computer security in general, feel free to leave us a comment in the box below.
How to remove Vi-view.com
- Slide mouse cursor to the bottom right of the desktop.
- Wait for Charm bar to appear and then click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Highlight Vi-view and click Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Vi-view.
- Open Start menu and click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall Vi-view.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and press Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings option and click Reset.
- Press Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox at the top right of the new tab.
- Press Reset Firefox on a pop-up box.
- Click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to the very bottom and click Reset browser settings.
- Press Reset button.
In non-techie terms:
Vi-view.com is a homepage for Vi-view image viewing application. You should remove Vi-view.com from your computer, because the application might be associated with a number of computer security issues. The sooner you remove all the potentially unwanted applications from your PC the better.