Do you know what V9tr.com is?
If your IP address is Turkish and your computer is not guarded against malware, soon enough you could face V9tr.com redirect virus. As you can tell from the title of the infection, it initiates web page rerouting to the Turkish version of V9.com and affiliate websites. The main goal that the developers behind the infection have is to boost traffic to various promotional content sites. Unfortunately, not all sponsored search results or redirecting processes are harmless. In fact, this is a great security vulnerability that cyber crooks could employ to infect your PC with more dangerous infections. Do you want your system beleaguered with spyware? Do you want to be attacked by adware? We are sure you do not, which is why you need to delete V9tr.com right away.
The deceitful redirect virus can travel alongside fake video codecs or bundled downloads and, once activated, it can reconfigure the settings of your web browsers. Unfortunately, even the popular Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers are not immune to the infection. As you may already know, V9tr.com is presented as a search engine. Even though it may seem as it can provide reliable search results, you should not believe that it is powered by Google. Actually it would be best to terminate browsing sessions and delete the redirect virus the moment you discover that your home page has been modified without your consent.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
To delete V9tr.com virus you can either continue manually or automatically. If you wish to proceed on your own, please follow the instructions provided below. This task is not too complicated; however, if you do face issues – make sure to leave a comment down below. What should you do after the infection is removed? Scan your PC with a reliable spyware scanner and employ authentic computer security software.
How to delete V9tr.com?
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and confirm the selection.
- Click Finish to import new data.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin on the right of the unwanted add-on and select Remove.
- From the menu on the left click Settings and go to On Startup.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Now change/remove the set URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance, mark Show Home button, hit Change and repeat step 5.
- Navigate to Search, select a new search provider, click Manage search engines and remove (X) the undesirable option.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the undesirable option. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once more and this time select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and go to Home Page.
- Remove or overwrite the provided URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
V9tr.com is a redirect virus which targets Turkish internet browsers. The infection may modify browser settings and interrupt browsing sessions with irritating web page redirecting. To delete the malicious program employ automatic removal tools to proceed manually.
Aliases: V9tr virus.