Do you know what V9.com is?
V9.com might replace your homepage and your search engine without your permission because this search engine is often distributed with a help of a browser hijacker. This undesirable software might affect all of the major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Even though V9.com might seem as a decent search provider, we do not recommend using it because it will provide you with various sponsored links that might cause you security-related problems. Unfortunately, the removal of V9.com might be rather challenging because it will modify the shortcuts of all of your browsers; thus, we recommend that you continue reading the article in order to find out all the necessary information regarding the removal of this browser hijacker.
Even though V9.com will allow you to access Facebook, eBay, YouTube, Yahoo, and other websites in just one click, you will soon realize that you are presented with a great deal of sponsored links. For instance, if you click on Games, you will be routed to 337.com. In addition, you will be taken to unknown websites if you keep clicking on the advertisements that will appear on your screen. Finally, you might be provided with sponsored links alongside normal search results. Unfortunately, nobody knows whether all these links can be trusted, which is why it is rather risky to click on them. Even if you are ready to ignore them, there is a huge possibility that you will click on them accidentally, which is why we do not recommend keeping V9.com browser hijacker on your system.V9.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
In most cases, browser hijackers travel bundled with some kind of other software, usually freeware or shareware. Thus, if you want to prevent any kind of browser hijacker from entering your system, you should definitely always download applications from official websites and install them with a great care. What is more, it is also advisable to make sure whether the program is reliable prior the installation. Even though these tips are really useful, you should keep in mind that the most effective method is to install a security tool and keep it enabled 24/7.
If you do not want to risk infecting your system with malware, you should definitely get rid of V9.com browser hijacker as soon as possible. You will be able to do that if you use the instructions provided below the article or scan your system with a reliable antimalware tool. If you decide to get rid of V9.com manually, you should know that you can use the instructions provided below the article.
Shortcut Target Modification
- Right-click on the shortcut of your browser.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Shortcut tab and then locate the Target line.
- Delete the webpage address and click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the undesirable extension and then click Disable.
- Select Search Providers from the same menu.
- Set a reliable search engine.
- Find the suspicious one on the list and select it.
- Click Disable.
- Tap Alt+T again.
- Go to Internet Options.
- Open the General tab and type in your preferred homepage URL.
- Click OK.
- Open your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions.
- Find the suspicious extension and select it.
- Click Remove/Disable.
- Go to the start page of your browser.
- Locate the search box in the top-right corner.
- Click on it and tap F4.
- Select a new search engine from the drop-down menu.
- Tap F4 again and click Manage Search Engines…
- Find the suspicious search engine on the list and select it.
- Click the Remove button.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser.
- Tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools and then move to Extensions.
- Locate the extension that needs to be removed and select it.
- Click the recycle bin button and then click Remove.
- Find Settings in the menu on the left and select it.
- In On startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages.
- Add a new URL and click OK.
- Mark Show Home button under Appearance and click Change.
- Repeat the 9th step. Click OK.
- Scroll down and select Manage search engines…
- Click on the reliable search provider and then click the Make default button.
- Select the search engine that needs to be erased and then click X.
- Click Done to close the window.
In non-techie terms:
If you have managed to get rid of V9.com manually, you should still not forget to scan the system with a reliable scanner, for instance, SpyHunter. This step is important in order to find out whether there are no other serious threats hiding on your system. If it happens that the security tool detects infections, you will be able to upgrade the scanner and remove all the threats automatically. In order to download a free diagnostic SpyHunter tool, you can use the instructions provided below the article.