Do you know what uttorent.inspsearch.com is?
Uttorent.inspsearch.com is a search engine which might be related to bittorent.com. Even though it looks like a decent search provider, you should not trust it entirely because it might provide you with sponsored search results and even expose you to threats. In addition, some users report that uttorent.inspsearch.com has changed their browser settings after the installation and does no let them undo the changes unless deleted from the system. It seems rather suspicious, which is why you need to use it carefully or delete uttorent.inspsearch.com from the system and find a more reliable search engine.
If you enter a keyword into the search box of uttorent.inspsearch.com, it will soon get back to you with the search results as a normal engine. However, if you carefully look at them, you will soon notice that several ads are provided before those results. All these advertisements are related to the keyword, which means that you will notice a variety of ads depending on your queries. You should be very careful and not click on the advertisements that are displayed in order to keep your computer safe. It is because the content of the websites to which you will be redirected after clicking on the ads is unknown. It means that you might confront with different malicious software which might cause serious harm to the security of your computer.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
What is more, it is known that uttorent.inspsearch.com might collect information related to your browsing activities, for instance, the date and time of your query, browsing history as well as unique cookies that identify your browser. In addition, such data as IP address, browser type, and browser language is also gathered. This information might be shared with the third parties in order to provide you with more relevant ads on the top of search results. If you do not want to reveal such information, you should remove uttorent.inspsearch.com from your computer as soon as possible.
It should be also mentioned that you need to avoid various free software and monitor the installation process of any program if you do not want to end up with a variety of additional software, including uttorent.inspsearch.com. If you already have it on your system and want to get rid of it, you can use manual removal instructions that we have provided for you. Please make sure that you scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool like SpyHunter after the removal. It will help you find out whether there are no other threats on your system.
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and find the application that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted program and click the Uninstall button.
- Go o the Metro UI background.
- Start typing ‘Control Panel’ and then select it when it appears.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click on the application.
- Click the Uninstall button to erase it.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Find the unwanted extension and click the Disable button to remove it.
- Then select Search Providers from the same menu.
- Select a new search engine and click Set as default.
- Click on the search provider that you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Press Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Type in a new homepage address and click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions, and then find the one that you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select a new search provider icon at the upper-right corner of your browser.
- Click on the search engine icon again and then select Manage Search Egnines…
- Find the unwanted search provider and click the Remove button, click OK.
- Press Alt+T again and select Options.
- Type in your homepage URL and click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Then go to Tools and move to Extensions.
- Under the heading Chrome, select Extensions.
- Find the unwanted extension and click the recycle bin button, then click the Remove button.
- Select Settings from the same menu.
- Mark the third option Open a specific page or set of pages in the section On startup.
- Click Set pages and select or add a new homepage URL, click OK.
- In the section Search, select Manage search engines…
- Select a new search provider and click Make default.
- Find the search engine that you want to remove and click X.
In non-techie terms:
Uttorent.inspsearch.com is not a very serious threat itself; however it might lead you to potential threats. Besides, you will never know if you could trust its search results because they might be sponsored. As this search engine is rather suspicious, we recommend that you use it very carefully or remove it from your system.
Aliases: Uttorent search.